Recent Posts

by _Ryan_, 28 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 18 Views: 705

Hand Grinders: How long does it take to grind for espresso?

Revolutions would be the variable, but counting that would slow me down
by chipman, 32 minutes ago in Grinders

My well seasoned first generation HG1 takes about 14 revolutions to grind 18.5 gm of Redbird espresso. I don't think time is the variable as we are all of different strengths
by Boldjava, 39 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 23 Views: 655

Phoenix Crawl, Monday Feb 21

I think folks understandably have the Omicron blues. John, we will make time for Cartel. List: RapidCoffeeJohn Dave, Boldjava Bob, Dave's BIL
by GDM528, 48 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 55 Views: 1433

Ikawa Home thermal performance

Post #42 confirms your theory. The buried-in-the-bean-mass probe has less lag, which might be from the extra thermal mass of the Pro's stainless-steel housing, or more aggressive smoothing in the data processing. Regardless, as you point out, either method can produce the quality data needed to make well-informed roasting decisions. Also shows how well calibrated our machines
by r-gordon-7, 58 minutes ago in Grinders

I received my J-Max earlier this week and I've done just 4 or 5 16gm puck/32gm shots so far. Grinding a rather dark roast at several different click settings bracketing the midpoint of the J-Max's espresso range ran pretty consistently between 45 and 50 seconds at a moderate but not exceptionally fast grinding speed - about 55 - 60 turns
by m2ellis, Today, 10:38 pm in Grinders
Replies: 809 Views: 78781

Weber Key Grinder

There is less handling with air freight so potentially less opportunity for it to get mishandled in transit? No idea what the real risk difference is between the two though, lots of stuff gets shipped by ship and arrives just fine
by GDM528, Today, 10:33 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 5 Views: 162

Fluid Roasting - Flow Chart Suggestions

Speaking of times and temperatures, would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the time/temp tables in edit mode? You bring a message of hope and inspiration, to free the 'Ikawandians' from the shackles of drum roasting RoR-craft
by ShotClock, Today, 10:33 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 44 Views: 997

New to gas roasting - please help!

Thanks for all of the tips, lots of food for thought here. I'll update when I've had a chance to try some of these strategies
by Dbcooper, Today, 10:32 pm in Grinders

Weber Key Grinder

At the $1500 launch price I wouldn't personally expect free $150 air freight. I just had an ebay order from Japan cancel on me due to shipping issues over there
by Jshot, Today, 9:59 pm in Grinders

Weber Key Grinder

And saves Weber $