Recent Posts

by mckolit, 9 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 39 Views: 776

Quickmill QM67 flow profiling upgrade

Couldn't get a lever machine so I guess I got the next best thing. I wanted a slightly more precise way to change grind settings so I printed out a thing. There was a template in the grinder forum but I wanted to try and make my own. I had been using the notches on the
by GDM528, 22 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 335 Views: 11191

New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

I think there is a way to disable updates in Android, but - and maybe it's just me - it seems like Google's instructions for how to configure their software is written for some other version - happens to me almost 100% of the time. So, for now I just say "no" to all update requests, and if I
by yakster, 24 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

I did popcorn once in my Behmor. I put too much in and had to dig it out. It actually does really well at roasting almonds. I had two drums and dedicated one to almonds (the one with the bigger mesh size). There's no second crack with almonds
by Italotazius, 25 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 754 Views: 78085

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

I bought one a few days ago, I have some questions: When I grind and open the hopper chamber half way through grinding I find crushed beans. Does the auger spring breaks them in the hopper? (my grinder stalls a lot with filter roasts even on the 0/medium grind settings, is it possible that the auger spring does that?)
by AndersHP, 26 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 14 Views: 103

Ulka pump seems to mute during brewing

Also; that's very kind! Thanks! If you are sure they fit my OPV, I would be glad to pay you for a couple of these seals!
by Agathorn, 29 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 186 Views: 17074

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

I recalibrated mine so 0 is just above where the chirping begins. That just about lets me get a 20-25 seconds extraction with medium to light espresso. I thought I would be able to grind finer with this grinder
by pcdawson, 31 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 186

Puck screens and Levers

They make a certain amount of sense for the Cremina SL as it's darn near impossible to remove the dispersion screen without tearing the gasket. Saving the gasket is possible but you need to disassemble the group. The puck screen keeps everything nice and clean so you don't have to clean as often
by GDM528, 35 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

Has anybody tried this? This might end up on my 'to do" list. It could be hilarious, most expensive homemade popcorn evah. And since we're throwing popcorn shade, I'd point out that a drum roaster could be a pretty mean popcorn popper too
by AndersHP, 35 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 14 Views: 103

Ulka pump seems to mute during brewing

I would like to just change the seal. I cannot change the OPV, it's massively tight, a bit afraid of damaging the pipes. Are you sure they generally are the same on all machines? The one you linked to seems to fit a number of machines, but Izzo/Vivi is not mentioned. I found another one that should work with Izzo/Vivi
by spopinski, Today, 1:47 am in Grinders
Replies: 1218 Views: 113611

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

{image} Latest tweak