Recent Posts

by Whitecrane, 32 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 20 Views: 561

Newbie friendly pourover?

Basically immersion with a paper filter finish. Is 'switch' a V60? If I use it with the hatch open, am I basically doing a V60 pour over? I already own a gooseneck kettle, but my scale is a basic food scale. Do I need a more responsive coffee scale for pour over?
by TomC, 40 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 12 Views: 1226

Diffuser Screens

Welcome to HB Mike! I use the same basket and the Flair screen on my DE 1 and quite like the results I get. I don't get the donut extractions, but I think that's more a matter of prep. I'm assuming you're pulling these with the Crossland?
by athoangphan, 44 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 88

Project: Old Elektra "Deliziosa"

Hope all goes well tomorrow, John!
by Jeff, 46 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 40

Grinder Advice - Single dose (P64 vs Weber Key)

Welcome to H-B! What are your preferences in espresso? Do you enjoy classic, medium, or light roasts? What is important to you in the overall flavor of espresso? (To me, "flavor" includes everything, not just the taste)
by TomC, 49 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 8 Views: 366

Kuma "Balanced" espresso

I'd probably put a coffee like this in storage (not a freezer) for a week, not opening it frequently, just let it age longer then try again.
by Gandalf_wiz, Yesterday, 11:05 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 40

Grinder Advice - Single dose (P64 vs Weber Key)

Hi All, Looking for advice on a new grinder. Currently have a Macap m42d. Was intrigued by e65s GBW but I want to move to single dose grinder. Currently debating between the Lagom P64 vs the Weber Key grinder. Anyone have experience with either or both? Looking for any advice and am open to other suggestions as well. I will...
by mycatsnameisbernie, Yesterday, 10:59 pm in Marketplace
Replies: 18 Views: 248

New Jackrabbit Coffee Give-Away

I'm interested in trying Jackrabbit!
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, Yesterday, 10:41 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 150

Espresso Forge available again

Yep it's my travel Slayer.
by Yan, Yesterday, 10:31 pm in Grinders
Replies: 24 Views: 3671

1Zpresso Zp6 and JS Unboxing, First Impressions, and Review

Very nice info Sir and the Apex hassle... I totally agree with you it's worth to keep for a long time cause their consistently very well in the cups...
by Paolo, Yesterday, 10:30 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7 Views: 130

Conti Empress group seals not wide enough

Hi Paul....thanks for chiming in here... I removed the seal and shims and you were spot-on. This old girl has been subjected to heavy hands in her past. {image} Is there something that I can do you remedy this?