Recent Posts

by cafeIKE, 11 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 199

One Niche Zero; Decaf coffee at night. Drinking caffeine?

Gary, I'd like to see the ejecta from a blow job Is it done pre grind to remove dried stales, post grind into the cup or discarded. I'm serious as I have a Niche.
by ziptie, 12 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 73

I'm planning to test the extraction phenomenon with a transparent basket.

That looks very steampunk. I love it!
by jlehet, 30 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2004 Views: 141703

Greens Alert

Yes, using Artisan, and I often pay attention to % roast for 1C. But for this roast I was going more by intention: I was planning to drop just at the end of 1c, whenever that was. But then as it was I just had a feeling I should drop while it was still cracking -- which I think was...
by Jeff, 38 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 51

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II question, pause in use for more than 8 hours

While it is valuable to periodically draw water from the steam boiler to prevent the mineral concentration from rising and causing scale, draining the boiler daily seems excessive for a home user. Draining the boiler "dry" sounds very strange to me. A cup (250 mL) every day or even once a week is probably fine, assuming you're starting with "non-scaling"...
by checkwhatsleft, 52 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 51

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II question, pause in use for more than 8 hours

There are two ways to empty the boiler of Oscar II, one was at the left side of the boiler that has a nut with screw glue sealed, it is quite difficulty to remove it, another one is easier, heat up boiler until its heating elements stop to heat, turn off the machine, unplug the power cord, turn the machine...
by tinay09, Today, 8:26 am in Water
Replies: 5 Views: 56

Need insights on my current water for the Lelit Bianca

Thanks homeburrero. Im going to have to find a test kit of some sort to measure chloride and report back. Currently, Im using a Brita with Maxtra+ Filter and kept the Lelit Water softener in the tank. Should be okay for now, right?
by IamOiman, Today, 8:22 am in Knockbox
Replies: 424 Views: 47431

Bragging Rights Thread: Great Coffee Gear Scores!

He had these two guys as well but sold them to Gaggia years ago (I think the pics are taken at their new spots at Gaggia's museum). I would have seriously tried getting these too if he had them still The 3 group was 5000 {image} {image}
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, Today, 8:01 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2004 Views: 141703

Greens Alert

Are you using Artisan? If you follow the instructions on "Phases LCD All" you can see time past FCs and the % as you go. To me this was one of the most important changes we made in the past few years and now the profile shows the degrees and avg ROR after FCs. Also this is in the data...
by Kafana Nick, Today, 7:32 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 191

Manual Grinder Recommendations

Thank you Randy, and thank you for pointing out the capacity. For my needs, 25g won't cut it any way you slice it. For a single cup of french press, I need 30g, and that is the smallest quantity I will ever need. That is about all I can stuff into the Rhino when using dark roasted beans, which is...
by ThePresident, Today, 6:57 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9 Views: 140

Leak on Profitec Pro 700

You are 100% correct - I did found that as well and circled it in another photo (see my post #6). Will order the O-ring and change.