Recent posts

by SCANNAMAIALI
1 minute ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 2
Views: 70

Espresso coffee comes out worse than before.

no, they only have an expiration date. I bought the first two packages, the ones in the video, on Amazon. The next two were sent to me directly by the coffee manufacturer after having contacted them directly about this problem. Then I bought the cheap one at the supermarket. Expires February 2026, that of the supermarket April 2026
by DaveC
6 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 27

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

You need to unplug it and look inside
Advertisement
by another_jim
10 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 60
Views: 4037

Mazzer Philos Comments

I'm not sure how many different ways I can say this. The roast tastes are not lively on the 200; they are dull, lacking in detail and sweetness. They are better on the 189. It is simply not a burr that I would use for dark or non-acidic roasts. If the coffee has acidity, the 200 will sweeten the taste
by Giampiero
13 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 43

Quick Mill Monza descale continues to pump water

Yes, JRising maybe got the point, moreover if you remove the water reservoir to refill it, before you get a message like "refill water tank" or "rinse", the machine will restart the cycle from the beginning, so just follow the machine "instruction", in case you have not a user's manual, i found it on the web, check the descaling parts
by Jeff
26 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 117

Leave espresso machine on during descaling?

Even 5-10% weight/weight is sufficient in many cases. Lower concentrations are slower and easier to manage. Higher concentrations make sense where there is likely heavy scale
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz
27 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 17
Views: 652

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Chris King fans are buying if you can find one. I loved mine for my Vivaldi. Passed it to my son. He doesn't have the machine anymore but he kept the tamper
by JRising
28 minutes ago
Replies: 7
Views: 133

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

I strongly suggest that "Yes, the internal pressure is rising to to what the gauge is showing you." If I hear the video properly, the pump is not running, but the heat exchanger is being heated by the boiling water around it. It's not so much a "Spike", it's gradual. It's just trapped water being heated.
by cafeIKE
30 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 117

Leave espresso machine on during descaling?

Hopefully a more somewhat precise measure of citric acid. Too weak is ineffective and too strong is overly aggressive. 2T/qt or 30ml/l is about right
by bznelson91
59 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 236
Views: 15603

Next Level Pulsar Brewer

Made my first brew with the 18K filter this morning (the other one is 30K). It worked very well, probably about the same TBT as paper filter, and the resulting brew may have had a tiny bit more body than usual, but certainly nothing at all like a French press or anything like that. Cleaning was just a matter of
by Sideshow
1 hour ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 16
Views: 336

General question about handling cafe drink quality

I agree with virtually everything that has been said here. I've had many a great conversation with baristas and cafe owners. But often they are there to do a job and don't have the deep interest that I have given that it's a hobby into which I sink lots of time, effort, and money. Or they think what they're doing