Recent Posts

by Peppersass, 1 minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9 Views: 115

La Marzocco GS/3 MP steam boiler problem

0.4 ohms is probably the resistance of your meter probes, so for all intents it's zero ohms -- i.e. no problem with the probe connection to the spade lug. Besides, you proved that by draining the boiler. If you disconnected the wires going to the steam boiler heating element, and you get infinity ohms, that could indicate the
by baristainzmking, 15 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2939 Views: 295755

Niche Zero grinder

Has anyone had their Niche painted a different color/finish?
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, 42 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 7 Views: 316

Bag Sellers - who do you like? what models?

Thanks Alan, too many pieces for my little gig for now. All of the block bottom bags now have a higher barrier and the zip pull so that is part of the cost increase for me. I didn't feel like the higher barrier was necessary in my situation since most of my coffee is used
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, 49 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 24 Views: 607

La Marzocco GS3 MP or Slayer vs any E61 double boiler PID espresso machine with a Flow Control Device installed

I am sure I will be accused of in"Decent" exposure, but I will go on on this limb and say that unless you are super taster, you could match blooming by adjusting the pre-brew aspect on the Slayer with the needle valve. The whole purpose is to bloom the puck with pressure but a slow flow rate adjustable to
by airmoses83, Today, 8:05 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 5

Portafilter gasket

Maybe its because I haven't changed the portafilter seal in a long time. But I replaced my portafilter seal in the Londinium R with one from BOSCO. It's so tight now I have to hold the machine to get the portafilter on and off. I feel like I am going to break something. Any recommendations?
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, Today, 8:01 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 24 Views: 607

La Marzocco GS3 MP or Slayer vs any E61 double boiler PID espresso machine with a Flow Control Device installed

Slayer is really good about preventative maintenance. They have an online video class. They have videos for each step. What they suggest for annual PM as they call it really isn't needed annually, maybe every other year. Cost on a bi-annual basis for parts is about $150. Mostly done with wrenches, screwdrivers and lube. A
by luvmy40, Today, 7:50 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 84

What to look for in a used Breville Dual Boiler?

You probably won't be able to check the solenoid for scale before buying, but if you do buy it, you should inspect that and replace all the o-rings in the steam boiler circuit and invest in a replacement set of steam boiler water level probes for when they, inevitably start to leak. IMHO, $900 for WORKING BES920 is
by kidloco, Today, 6:33 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 11 Views: 392

Pullman or VST baskets

I have discovered I really like IMS Superfine baskets for light roasts. I used VST and I was satisfied. I am planning to buy Pullman basket 17-19 and Pullman Big Step tamper and try that. I have a Bravo self-leveling tamper and I am annoyed that it leaves a small amount of coffee on the basket wall
by adcampo, Today, 5:40 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 13 Views: 201

Small leak from steam wand on ECM Synchronika

It's fixed! Thanks all. I have about 20 O rings if anyone needs some. Happy to share them for free