Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 9 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 2 Views: 84

Free Coffee at 7-Eleven

- {link} Available while supplies last?
by Nunas, 11 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 16 Views: 402

Quest M3 : Disassembling to swap heating elements

Have you tried Coffee Shrub? Since they are the only dealer I know of in the US that carries the Quest, they might have spares. {link}
by JRising, 21 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 12 Views: 267

What does "choking" the espresso machine means?

But if your car is upside down, can't you just push the accelerator to the floor to get the car moving again? Gimme more sharp objects!
by mwills, 21 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 16 Views: 402

Quest M3 : Disassembling to swap heating elements

Slightly OT here, but where are people sourcing the replacement elements? I've gotten them in the past directly from Molly but I am not getting a response from emails to questm3roaster@gmail.com Thanks!
by BaristaBoy E61, 24 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 43

Rocket Appartamento not heating to steam temperature & leaking a little

I would recommend a complete machine descaling with citric acid - BUT that might also mean additional challenges to solve before you're completely out of the woods. Use of non-scaling water is essential to the health and well being of any espresso machine!
by jbviau, 28 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 2 Views: 84

Free Coffee at 7-Eleven

So basically it's always free then?! I wonder what they mean by "fresh"--maybe brewed within an hour or two?
by Capuchin Monk, 32 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7530 Views: 1206875

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Does it require 20 amp outlet?
by JRising, 37 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 43

Rocket Appartamento not heating to steam temperature & leaking a little

I'll take a stab at it. "Pressure Valve meant Gauge, I believe... So just at the moment when the water in the boiler was reaching boiling temp, the boiler-fill triggered. The pump came on and ran some water into the boiler adding non-thermally generated pressure. The anti-vacuum valve shut at that point, due to that pressure, trapping air (not steam)...
by boren, 47 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 96

SB E61+PID, Episode 2: Tested properly this time, with much better results

These are my PID settings: Celsius mode P=3 I=0.05 D=2 F.04=12 (offset between boiler and group) Does it mean I should change the last one from 12 to 23 to compensate for the actual offset? Edit: The maximum offset value available is 16.5c. I set it accordingly and will increase the PID temperature setting to more than 95c.
by wachuko, 56 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7530 Views: 1206875

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Temporary setup... Inexpensive stand from Lowe's. Cut the legs on the stand to 34". 1-1/2" Acacia wood butcher block with some teak oil...and voilĂ  temporary espresso machine stand! {image} {image} {image}