Recent Posts

by Pacefenis, 21 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 5

Isomac millenium restoration

Hi everyone I'm new to the site so thanks in advance for any help. I recently got an old isomac espresso machine and have been taking it apart. I'm having two problems 1- when I first turn on the machine the auto fill function works and refills the boiler with no problems. However once it gets hot and builds some...
by jpender, Today, 3:43 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3877 Views: 283226

Cafelat Robot User Experience

If it's clean but occasionally leaks my guess is that your gasket/seal is getting old. I've lubed the outside of a seal with intermittent leaking and improved the seal function. But the effect has been temporary, lasting about a week. Rather than continually add lube replacing it with a new seal has solved the problem quite nicely (twice now). When...
by DamianWarS, Today, 3:42 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 9 Views: 174

Endless channeling

inconsistencies like that do point to channeling. sometimes people grind too fine and it gives you a misleading shot at about the time you're targetting and you think you've broadly dialed it in. you try and try again and it never seems repeatable, or 1 out of 5 times, but because it was too fine various amounts of channeling are...
by Dartiguan, Today, 2:55 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 13 Views: 362

Steam questions

Thanks for the article link
by BruceWayne, Today, 1:31 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 130

First espresso machine, budget around $3500, help me make up my mind

I don't think the changes for 2021 were as significant as the previous update. There's a video here, but the big takeaways are IMS baskets and slightly longer stems on the steam and water spout outlets. {video} I got my machine in early July, and it had the updated components.
by Ken5, Today, 1:30 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3877 Views: 283226

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Two questions concerning the gasket. Every once in a while upon changing directions of the levers, just as I end the shot, and only as I change directions of the levers I hear a very quick shot of air and then a tiny amount of clear water runs down the outside of the portafilter. Otherwise the pressure is solid! So...
by Philobee, Today, 1:12 am in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 40

[WTB] DF64 or Niche Zero

Hello, I'm located in Bloomington, Indiana. I've been mainly looking for a DF64, but for whatever reason a Niche Zero becomes available, I'll gladly get my hands on it. Cincinnati, OH is definitely possible if that's more convenient!
by chanty 77, Today, 12:47 am in Coffees
Replies: 20 Views: 607

Vivace Dolce

I was going back in the "search" regarding B&W blends. So many people said they had a hard time dialing in the Classic. The company said to set the brew to 203-204°. I play around with these temps anyway--although that seems quite high--yet I hear & read these blends are lighter than the typical medium roasts. Taste is so subjective....
by JimKastama, Today, 12:08 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 47

Used Astoria CMA/1A won't brew

Thank you! Do you have guide/manual that you would suggest? The simpler, the better. Best, Jim
by gabels, Today, 12:05 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 130

First espresso machine, budget around $3500, help me make up my mind

Bruce, the Aergrind is stepless. I think it will be good enough until I get the NZ. Thanks very much for pointing out the 2021 differences in the Bianca, you saved me some heartache. I was about to pull the trigger on a V2 and pay the same as the V3 (which I did not know existed)...!!