Recent posts

by just4kickz
7 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 66
Views: 2331

ACS waiting times

Congrats on the machine!! How was assembling it? Any advice you would give to have a smooth installation?
by MinistryofEspresso
18 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6
Views: 85

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

They are all silicone. SuperLube is a great alternative to 111
Advertisement
by MinistryofEspresso
22 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7
Views: 103

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

The switch has three positions; off, electronics on, and heating elements on. Did the pop and smoke happen in position 1 or 2? You wouldn't hear a pop from a burnt out heating element
by another_jim
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2
Views: 38

Underdeveloped coffee

I would advise roasting further and backing off in subsequent roasts, rather than going for a roast this light on a new coffee first thing. This is especially ture if you are not used to the smells of a roast ready to drop -- sniff the beans in the tryer before dropping -- they should smell sweet, not vinegary or
by TomC
1 hour ago

Underdeveloped coffee

Welcome to HB John! what was your charge weight for this roast? Are we talking about a solid drum or perforated drum? if you like light roasts and you're spending 1+ minute post first crack, then id hesitate to say that you might want to adjust your settings to spend more time in the middle phase of the roast
by jramey0406
Yesterday, 11:59 pm
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 19
Views: 864

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

I have dial indicators, how did you set it up? I also am thinking about throwing it on a CMM machine at work so I can also check coaxiality of lower burr in relation to carrier threads but seems a little too complex for me I also wonder it it really matters because of the design of
by Johnnyburns
Yesterday, 11:42 pm

Underdeveloped coffee

Hey guys I'm new to roasting and have a question about my coffee roasting technique. I have only roasted a handful of times but each roast I do tastes underdeveloped and grassy. I prefer light roasted coffee. Here is a picture of my last roast. The beans are from Brazil. I have a 1.5 kg drum roaster. Do you think
by Jake_G
Yesterday, 11:10 pm
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 645

La Marzocco Linea Micra auto standby stopped working

Hey Alex, Welcome to HB! Have you verified there is still power on the outlet? If it's plugged into a GFCI/RCD, it is possible the outlet tripped and it simply needs to be reset. Do you have any indicators on the machine at all? Standby should be a slow blinking red light. If the outlet is good and the
by Steffche
Yesterday, 11:08 pm
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1395
Views: 192495

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Ok, so upon further investigation, I decided to bypass the HX by using the tube that goes from the water tap to the outlet spigot (as it was the longest tube) to connect the pump/opv outlet directly to the brew boiler. Gurgling and bubbles completely gone. Immediate water flows through the group head as soon as I press either
by Jake_G
Yesterday, 11:06 pm
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11
Views: 197

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Yes. This is all true for the steam boiler. In the case of the heat exchanger in the steam boiler, there is no steam within. Since the heat exchanger circuit is totally flooded with water, as soon as the water begins expanding, the pressure skyrockets. The steam boiler pressure corresponds to a specific temperature that the heat exchanger