Recent Posts

by AZRich, 7 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 2 Views: 40

Any recommended water recipes with epsom salt and potassium bicarbonate?

See the Barista Hustle water recipe(s) on their website. : {link} For me with a scale that has 0.01g resolution, it was easier to do the simple arithmetic to find the correct amounts to add directly, and skip the 2 bottles of concentrate
by Jake_G, 22 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 104

Volumetrics on GS3 make a happy wife? Or just buy the LMLM

I'm running the Lucca Atom 75 alongside the GS/3 right now and one of the things I'm evaluating is Heidi's experience in using the two. Volumetrics are nice. I'm weighing the output as a function of grinder evaluation, but otherwise the workflow would be as follows:[List]
  • Remove Portafilter * Click portafilter into Lucca once to wake up
  • by Ron_L, 23 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
    Replies: 0 Views: 354

[FS] Stainless Steel Propane 1 lb. Sonofresco Coffee Roaster - Price Uodate!

Price update!
    by Satchmo780, 35 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
    Replies: 5 Views: 104

Volumetrics on GS3 make a happy wife? Or just buy the LMLM

This would seem to be a big drawback that I think OP has overlooked. Also, I wonder if improving the current setup with a better grinder, and more importantly better beans, would get them closer to the cafe style drinks they crave. I was able to get consistently good espresso and milk with a PID Silvia.
    by luvmy40, 56 minutes ago in Water
    Replies: 2 Views: 40

Any recommended water recipes with epsom salt and potassium bicarbonate?

When I've added Epsom salt to my rpavlis mix, I use equal parts potassium bicarb and Epsom salt. This based on nothing, the result worked and the spro was good. I did not see any real difference in flavor, so I don't add the salt anymore. BTW, I mix 2g potassium bicarb to 5 gal. distilled
    by drH, Today, 7:40 am in Espresso Machines
    Replies: 7 Views: 251

La Marzocco Linea Mini and GS3 - taste for comfort blends

I kind of like the bubbling superheated water, it seems special somehow- thought I'm sure I'd be won over the practical benefits of the mixing valve
    by LuckyMark, Today, 7:36 am in Coffee Roasting
    Replies: 9 Views: 144

BEST HOME PID ELECTRIC ROASTER?

Apologies, must have confused some of the many reviews I have read recently
    by luvmy40, Today, 7:29 am in Espresso Machines
    Replies: 2 Views: 46

Breville Dual Boiler - Brew Pressure

The BDB pressure gauge shows the pressure at the brew chamber
    by luvmy40, Today, 7:20 am in Buying Advice
    Replies: 23 Views: 1197

Upgrading espresso machine for no future regrets

Yes, or you collect it and return it to the reservoir
    by Lavamat, Today, 7:17 am in Espresso Machines
    Replies: 593 Views: 44447

Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima

Hello All! I have now had my E1 Prima for three months, so I thought I'd chip in with my-somewhat underwhelming-experience so far. As to my journey and background, I have, over the last 20 years, worked my way up from a Rancilio Silvia to an Isomac Rituale, and then a Rocket R58 v2, which I now replaced