Recent Posts

by tinman143, 8 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 10 Views: 364

Are there any options to the Profitec Pro 700?

Congrats on finally making a decision sheesh You will not regret your decision. The 600 was perfect sized for my low cabinets. Enjoy!
by TallDan, 21 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 33 Views: 649

Chicago-Milwaukee-NW Indiana Area Get Together

Looking forward to tomorrow! If we have MD 20/20 and alka seltzer, I can even have my favorite "sparkling wine"!* I'm not really too sure what qualifies as "interesting" things to bring for this group. I'm planning to bring my v1.0 Decent DE1+ and Flat Max with LM Shuriken. I could also bring my Ditting if anyone has interest playing...
by Airbornewilly, 23 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 144

High-end espresso machines

I went from a E61, to a Linea Mini, and finally a Slayer. While they all have been great machines in one way or another, the Slayer is an entirely different beast. I feel the exact same way as Spressomon lol. I cannot believe how much I look forward to waking up just to play with the Slayer again. I'm...
by kaptain_zero, 25 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 10 Views: 364

Are there any options to the Profitec Pro 700?

Just an update, should anyone care. I have, after almost 1 year of thinking, decided to upgrade to the Profitec Pro 600. It fits my kitchen and uses a less expensive vibratory pump, which, if it ever fails, has a much more appealing price tag than a rotary pump. I considered the plumb in question, but I doubt I would...
by braxtonjens, 28 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 3 Views: 308

Mazzer Super Jolly + Fellow Ode Brewing Burrs

Any updates on how your enjoying those burrs? Are your burrs 1.0 or 1.1?
by kaptain_zero, 38 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 104 Views: 9096

The Matrix Shower Screen

I'm just wondering if PIXIllate has had enough time to evaluate the Matrix. I sold him mine as I didn't find it worthwhile to me. Yes, it made a very small difference, but not enough in my personal opinion. I went back to my IMS Precision screen (the non coated version). Christian
by another_jim, Today, 12:12 am in Cafes and Get-togethers

I see a blind tasting on the horizon
by Paul_Pratt, Today, 12:07 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 49

Faema President 1-Group Restoration/Maintenance

That is a lovely original machine, shame about the top plexi that would annoy me no end. The modern plexis are a darker colour and a bit out of place. The only non original part I can see if the plastic drain box, understandable as the aluminium ones corrode and and they usually have to be cut out. I would...
by Prairiedawg, Yesterday, 11:59 pm in Cafes and Get-togethers

I'm bringing coffee and some Mad Dog 20/20
by dcoplan, Yesterday, 11:51 pm in Water
Replies: 3 Views: 33

Solis Barista Perfetta - water? filter?

Yup, I do have buildup on my shower head. Appreciate the feedback. Sounds like it's simply not worth messing around with trying to treat the tap water even though I hear the minerals can be good for coffee flavor. Do you have this machine or you were just thoughtful enough to reply to my post?