Recent posts

by rmongiovi
less than a minute ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 3
Views: 127

What are they doing here?

Or it's that new cutting edge coffee substitute made from baked beans?
by baldheadracing
7 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 50
Views: 2878

Fellow Aiden anyone?

FYI for Canadians: the pre-order is now live at EightOunce in Calgary. $499CAD (same price as the Ratio 6). No free coffee, but a very good USD:CAD exchange rate and about $10 in points off a future purchase from EightOunce (if you sign up to EightOunce's loyalty program). {link}
Advertisement
by Amberale
12 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 10
Views: 147

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

Hi Patsy. I don't have arthritis but have mentioned having similar issues with the cap. I think a one inch "lever" screwed unto the timber part of the knob would help. Something like a small stainless steel knob should give you the leverage required. {link}
by Capuchin Monk
15 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 17
Views: 341

Any alternative to Behmor?

Huge in what way, the price, complexity or something else?
by mcneely11
19 minutes ago

This is why I quit roasting when my behmor broke. I wanted to upgrade but the jump to the next level is huge
by pizzaman383
33 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 47

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Wow, very interesting!!
by tinroofrusted
59 minutes ago

I don't have experience with the Skywalker roaster but I'm interested in it. I've watched a few videos of it on YouTube. It does seem to work pretty well based on what I've seen and some reading I've done on homeroasters.org. I don't think it would have a UL approval or anything similar so caveat emptor and all
by opy01
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Views: 358

Enrico CE-12 Restoration

Yep, I've been working with him. He was able to make me a new steam pipe needle valve and housing. I also got the basket and drip pan from him. He's about 2 hours from my house I got it all up and running and had a nice latte today
by Jeff
1 hour ago
Replies: 10
Views: 147

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

I caught Ross on Discord and he mentioned that he's got a tool that they used when some of the caps were coming too tight. If you reach out to Odyssey support they should be able to help with a functional solution
by JRising
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 26

Rebuild Pressure gauge?

Many can. Why's it stuck? If it's crap in the pinion, but hasn't bent it out of shape, it can be cleaned. If the needle is touching the lens, it can be moved. If the capillary is blocked, it can sometimes be cleaned/poked/descaled. If the needle simply no longer points to zero despite the gauge moving properly