Recent posts

by BodieZoffa
less than a minute ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 48
Views: 2556

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

To claim 'lesser coffee' is opinion and not much else. Personally don't buy into the hype over trying to obtain that last .0001% possible improvement if the equipment can't be reliable/predictable. For any grinder to carry a cost of say $3K or more it should be perfection and last indefinitely all things considered. Not be full of low volume growing
by mathof
15 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1838
Views: 238430

Decent Espresso news

Why "Bengle"? Google tells me the word is Scots for "a heap, a considerable quantity". Is that it?
Advertisement
by erik82
32 minutes ago

Kind of a hard response. Well look the stalling issues with the lagom 01 with no solution and I've also seen problems with Kafatek grinders. This things can happen with smaller manufacturers. If you don't want that than buy a Mazzer, Eureka or something like that and accept lesser coffee. Maybe you don't have the patience which is fine but
by fablic75
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 0
Views: 6

Help purchasing Ecm home Profitec Go or Pro 300...

Good morning everyone! I ask for your help in choosing my next espresso machine. My coffee grinder is a Eureka Specialità which was combined with a Gaggia Evo. My choice was the Profitec Drive, but from what I have read and understood, I would have to empty it continuously due to the problem of limescale accumulation. Furthermore, it would require
by BodieZoffa
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 139

Breville Dual Boiler gurgling, Brand New machines x 2

Ridiculous if you ask me as any new machine out-of-the-box shouldn't require much of anything to be up and running. Why people continue to recommend Breville 'appliances' is beyond me. I don't wanna read about them offering so much, the classic 'punching beyond their price', etc. On various forums, especially the last few months' I've seen a drastic amount of
by FlyingTrotter
1 hour ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 10
Views: 152

Espresso Cafe Suggestions for London?

Prufrock has an association with coffee guru James Hoffmann if that is in any way relevant to you - another vote for Rosslyn
by ODC
1 hour ago
Replies: 262
Views: 20305

La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini

Could the issue with the scale, in my case, be that I have the new Linea Mini R? Other software than the 'older' Linea mini? Something I want to note is that I have 2 LM scales. One I'm using for the 'Brew by Weight and the other one is used with my Pico grinder. I paired the one
by BodieZoffa
1 hour ago
Replies: 3
Views: 40

Rancilio Silvia Help

Not seeing any pics attached and I personally wouldn't take a machine to any electrician. The electrical side of things is only part of how a machine functions and you should be able to easily/safely diagnose it at home
by BodieZoffa
1 hour ago

To be brutally honest you seem far more patient than I would be. The cost and hype surrounding a grinder such as this should give the end user peace of mind that it's functioning 100% as it should be/expected every single use. As with most things in life if something seems off with an item you count on daily and
by malling
2 hours ago
Replies: 21
Views: 758

Differences between Ww core 80mm and Ssp 83mm HU in espresso

Well the espresso produced is like all other unimodal restricted, but can do low pressure (6bar) 1:2 shots, but yes your near chirp. Forget traditional shot characteristic and personally don't find it suitable for milk and heavily processed or heavy on bass notes, but besides that light roast is definitely very good with more unimodal burrs. But