Recent Posts

by M997, 2 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 43

The sweet spot for espresso machine

Pressure profiling is of course new trend for light roasts but also for emulation lever machine shot plus you have choice for some variations to play. Lever machines are very interesting for me also and La San Marco lever is everywhere in Napoli but they don't produce for home use and I don't have possibility to connect it to water....
by Jeff, 11 minutes ago in Buying Advice

I'd grab a lever with a "commercial group" and good thermal management. I'd guess half of an Italian roster's market is that class of machine. The better lever machines do a great job across the range of coffees. I think that extraction profiling's primary advantages, as I think of them, are mainly beneficial to light roasts.
by spopinski, 14 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Lelit Elizabeth for me. Right there in the middle.
by M997, 18 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Hi Jeff, thanks)) Budget no matter but it doesn't mean I will pay 10 grand for ambitions, only Italian blends with robusta, milk drinks also, Ceado SD ordered, just for hobby and good coffee))
by luisma, 21 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1544 Views: 132807

Lelit Bianca User Experience

thanks, already purchased,
by Jeff, 31 minutes ago in Buying Advice

I think the sweet spot is the Cafelat Robot. Past that, you're primarily trading convenience, appearance, or name for money and space, along with some significant compromises in the mid range. I'd read and listen to "How to choose an espresso machine and grinder at the "right" price" if you haven't already. That should cover some of the general questions....
by Coffello, 42 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 39 Views: 7346

Eureka Mignon XL finally available (at least in EU)

I've just ordered an XL65. Are there any further thoughts or advice about the machine, including seasoning, hopper upgrades, maintenance etc. This is a big step up for me, to work with my ECM Synchronika which is also on order: I've always enjoyed coffee and now have time to develop the interest into a hobby. Currently I have a Sage...
by DamianWarS, 44 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 171 Views: 8841

Why would you not buy a DE1?

DEs have generous headspace which results in sloppy pucks but increased clarity in the cup, apparently from in increased slurry. Decreasing the headspace not only gives you dryer pucks but an increased mouthfeel which seems to check the box of those searching for that.
by M997, 49 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Hi guys)) Looking for a new espresso machine just faced tough choice. What is the sweet spot for today's most advanced espresso machine???? Probably the main option is pressure profiling, 2 boilers, E61 group, what else? I see many brands with these options but with different pricing. The last one was Rocket Epica with heavy price tag)) Why is so...
by Jesse.F, Today, 8:28 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 28

First home roaster

As I've settled into my espresso and coffee routine, I'm at the point where I don't have much more gear to get for my home set up, and as I love new gadgets, I'm thinking I might give roasting a try. I'm not looking to replace my daily coffee needs with home roasted coffee, but I think it's be fun...