Recent Posts

by adcampo, 13 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 13 Views: 189

Small leak from steam wand on ECM Synchronika

It's fixed! Thanks all. I have about 20 O rings if anyone needs some. Happy to share them for free
by NelisB, 32 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 22 Views: 564

La Marzocco GS3 MP or Slayer vs any E61 double boiler PID espresso machine with a Flow Control Device installed

KvdW uses spring technique (ppic and idromatic) to smoothen out pressure throughout extraction. Result in the cup is unparalleled
by Liverbird_8, 38 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 13 Views: 189

Small leak from steam wand on ECM Synchronika

Thanks Josh! Makes a lot of sense
by kidloco, 55 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 18 Views: 488

Freezing whole unopened bags of coffee?

I just want to add that I have never ever noticed this loss of viscosity or flavor when I take my frozen beans (packed in 200-250gr packages) let them come to room temperature and use. Living in Singapore I use a wine fridge to keep my thawed beans at 15 degrees celsius
by BodieZoffa, Today, 4:02 am in Grinders
Replies: 22 Views: 3297

Zerno grinder

Funny that you currently have a Chinese POS with high quality conical burrs, but to each their own! Some of the KitchenAid Pro Lines apparently had alignment issues due to the carrier design/tolerance, but I have gotten rather good results with the one I've had for years. For the price I paid back then it was a steal and served
by CrazyBlue, Today, 3:57 am in Grinders
Replies: 1346 Views: 133953

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

Any more reviewers comparing the DF64 + HU Burrs with the Niche and stating their preference? For milk drinks. Mostly see stock burrs, or, MP burrs which is the complete opposite of Niche
by GDM528, Today, 3:54 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 58 Views: 1649

"Turpresso"? Turkish coffee with an espresso machine.

Can you say more about the beans you used - light/medium/dark roast? My first attempts at making , were with a medium/light roast that was terrible as espresso. I considered them 'scrap' beans, but the results were actually pretty good. Between the ultrafine grind and the long brew time, the extraction is
by DaumierS, Today, 1:40 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8 Views: 111

La Marzocco GS/3 MP steam boiler problem

So, at the moment the only thing I know - the heating element is dead. I guess, I will just replace it and see how it goes
by Tomnaar, Today, 1:39 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 4 Views: 106

Which variable to check - brew pressure or time?

Thank you for the responses, especially for the advice to try the double espresso. That put me in the good range immediately, 9 bar and 31 sec at first attempt. I can find the good spot from here
by tompoland, Today, 12:31 am in Grinders
Replies: 22 Views: 3297

Zerno grinder

Beautiful looking machine. 64mm flat with SSP and soooo many burr options for 1k. Sounds too good to be true but if it is I'll be getting one to give it a whirl. On their email list in the meantime