Recent Posts

by Boldjava, 47 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 5 Views: 459

Panama Lerida Gesha

Great notes Rick. Thorough. Mine will be briefer. I roast on the Quest 3, waiting until it is thoroughly warmed up. If I have a premium bean, I roast a couple of more expendable beans first. I reached 1st at 7:15 and pulled for external cooling on shop vac/bucket at 9:00 (407*). First crack was complete around 1:35. I am...
by dsc106, Today, 4:01 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 175

Pump/shot timer restarted mid shot?

Confirmed, on GFCI. I hit the "test" button and power dropped to everything on the outlet, hit reset, back on.
by JRising, Today, 3:50 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 76

Steam pressure won't stop building - Rocket Appartamento

Rather than have another thread started, please read these three pages: "Rocket Appartamento not maintaining steam pressure" If you still have questions or need help to determine which pressostat or which method of wiring you have, ask away.
by TallDan, Today, 3:32 pm in Espresso Machines

I'd make sure. I'm no code expert but I don't think it's all kitchen outlets, just those within a certain radius of the sink. You will have a test button on any GFCI outlets, hit all of them in the kitchen, if your machine is still on, it's not GFCI protected.
by CopperAZ, Today, 3:30 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 62

What is startup process for Promac Club ME /Laranzato/Rancilio?

I'm feeling really frustrated and lost! The pump is SUPER quiet. I can see the pump motor turning and there is a sort of click-click-click in the pump which I assume is the revolutions of the veins inside? But it is nowhere near as loud as I was expecting. Does this sound right? I have some water coming from the...
by JohnB., Today, 3:28 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 136

Profitec Pro 800 Lever Grinding

After 10 years of use my the group on my Bosco Sorrento shows no signs of rubbing.
by pcdawson, Today, 3:16 pm in Lever Espresso Machines

I believe it actually is normal for some Pro 800 machines and others using this style of group. I owned a Pro 800 for 5 years and noticed the same thing. I even posted to the lever forum about it. On my machine, the gap separating the lever from the group was closer on one side than the other. I...
by dsc106, Today, 3:01 pm in Espresso Machines

GFCI - yes (as far as I understand, all modern kitchens are required to have GFCI outlets by code, home built 2010). However, I didn't think that a minor leak or internal electrical problem would be a risk from outside of the machine, but I suppose it would conduct just as well to the exterior? Sounds like the machine is...
by ShotClock, Today, 2:52 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 342

Buying advice - single-boiler or HX espresso machine for home?

It seems to me that a lot of E61 dual boilers also don't regulate their temperature very well - although you will avoid the cooling flush routine of most HX machines. I would recommend either the Lelit MaraX - which I owned, it was great, or the Lelit Elizabeth - which I've not tried, but looks like a nice design....
by Ad-85, Today, 2:42 pm in Lever Espresso Machines

That's not normal! Try to take it apart wipe it clean then lubricate the whole thing (that if you didn't find something missing or broken). Tell us how it goes please