Recent posts

by bostonbuzz
12 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 3
Views: 254

Favorite Fruit Foward Coffees Recommendations

Little strong fruit to be had these days. Last good coffee was Israel Degafa from Compass. I just ordered 2 more lbs, but folks said the later roasts weren't quite as amazing. The long thread here details what is going on with lack of fruit bombs including a link to a long piece about Ethiopian coffee policy and other factors
by another_jim
13 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 361
Views: 36105

New Mazzer grinder announcement - Mazzer Philos

The "HB Philos review" is now live. There's a "comment thread" in the blog forum for questions, or you can comment here
Advertisement
by Bean_Thinking
18 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1
Views: 22

Bambino Plus - shot size adjustment

I have your machine. FYI you can run the shot in manual mode: basically you hold the button for as long as you want to preinfuse (limit 8s) then release to start full pressure. Press again to stop. Limit 60s total. See manual for more info. I usually have a scale running and stop the shot when I
by yakster
33 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 44
Views: 1850

Looking for Liberica

A good video on Liberica and Excelsa coffee from Roast Rebels with Tobias Seewer. The coffee looks much larger and cleaner than the Batangas Liberica I picked up from New Orleans Coffee Imports. More information and roast profiles here: {link} {video}
by OskiFan
41 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 25

[FS] MACAP M7 with autotamp $500

MACAP M7 Grinder with Autotamp attachment. Timer switch. Doser. Stepless adjustments. 800W motor with 68 mm burrs, replaced in June 2020. Also have the 1.5 kg hopper. The glass Torr hopper was an extra $300. Replaced due to purchasing Lagom P64. Prefer local pickup in Cincinnati or Indianapolis. Do not have original box but can ship at buyers expense
by Blaine
48 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 3
Views: 254

Favorite Fruit Foward Coffees Recommendations

I would also suggest checking out Prodigal. Their coffees are all very fruit forward and true to the listed tasting notes
by prust
51 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 4
Views: 279

Downgrading from Slayer. Options sought.

Decent as well. I downsized to a smaller home with only a 2' wide space for my espresso gear, no water and no drain. Went with the Decent, great choice, great user community that contributes profiles, advice and even alternative user interfaces for the tablet
by OskiFan
51 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Views: 25

[FS] Alex Duetto IV Plus $1,200

Hello all I have a 4 year old Alex Duetto Four Plus (purchased March 2020) dual boiler with joy sticks, all the accoutrements (multiple steam tips, multiple baskets, gaskets, etc. Can include a LM Acaia Lamar Espresso Scale for the right price (paid $250). Added E61 flow control in Nov 2022. Also still have the original turnstile type valves
by Vociqn
53 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1366
Views: 190654

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

I don't think she was even allowed to use BDB in a commercial setting. Not only she would loose the warranty or any protection plan, she is breaking the law as well since it is not certified to be used in that environment but she did it anyways. Hopefully she learned her lesson. Plumbing BDB directly and
by Vociqn
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Views: 13

Looking for a Niche Zero Rubber foot

Anyone has any idea where I can find a rubber feet replacement for Niche Zero? I noticed a couple of days ago that my grinder is wobbly and upon further inspection I realized that one of the rubber feets (inside the wooden feet) is missing and I cannot find it. I searched in google and ebay but I couldn't find