Recent posts

by boren
less than a minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

I usually use Molykote 111 but only have Lubri-Film Plus at hand at the moment. It's specified maximum temperate is 210F/98C. Will it work to lubricate the plunger gasket of a Flair espresso machine?
by Rasmussoe
11 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 9

In deep need of expertise - Izzo alex duetto 3 complication.

Hello forum, So i've been posting here the last couple of days, because i wanted to repair og service my Izzo Alex Duetto 3, which i love alot. Now it started with steam coming out of safety valve. So i bought a new and switched it. At the same time i changed the fill probe, cause it was
Advertisement
by DaveC
18 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 65

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

In fairness, unless the brew boiler is drained, then nothing should have happened really, so the no water connection "might" be a coincidence. the steam boiler elements won't even come on if empty (unless someone has modded someting)
by mgrayson
42 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 19
Views: 721

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I had an interesting experience. I was using a spirograph WDT device, but not on a perfectly level surface. Well, the grounds were not level to the basket. Even though I tamped with a leveling tamper, the shots were still noticeably one-sided. Moral of the story: grounds distribution >> tamping
by patrickff
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 19
Views: 721

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Same The beautiful tamper I bought on Etsy sits on my accessories shelf just for decoration. The PV has a small diameter
by Capuchin Monk
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 3
Views: 129

Espresso coffee comes out worse than before.

That's possible. Old roasts tend to have less crema than fresh roast. The expiration date shown may not be faithfully chosen. Any roast older than 1 - 1.5 month is... "over the hill", "past its prime". That's why I do my own roasting so that I know what the real expiration
by pcrussell50
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1392
Views: 192368

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Air bubbles coming out the anit-vac valve and all your other symptoms point to a not-sealing anti-vac. Could be what cmin has experienced and the o-ring has failed. But before you resort to disassembly, (even though it is super easy), give it a tap with something hard like a small hammer... a tap, not a smash, or several taps, in
by JRising
1 hour ago
Replies: 1
Views: 20

Letit Anna; steam leaking from the group head

Boiler water/steam is either leaking through the brew valve (which you might see as movement in the tube moving toward the center of the boiler) or past the pipe in the boiler (which you might see as movement moving away from the center of the boiler or perhaps just escaping out through the group). You could remove/inspect/clean and reinstall
by JRising
1 hour ago
Replies: 4
Views: 65

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

It's a dual boiler machine. It's going to heat an empty brew boiler and destroy its element if you do something like that. The pop was probably the element rupturing and the smoke was probably from what-all got burnt. I agree with Dave C's "Open it and see how bad it is" opinion
by mathof
2 hours ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 11
Views: 571

La Marzocco Swan

One of the roasters exhibiting at the London Coffee Festival earlier this month was using a Swan. He was very unhappy with the shape of the hopper, saying that he had to keep toying with the beans to get them to drop properly into the grinder