Recent posts

by Junior
3 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 56
Views: 3296

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

There is a set of fiber washers (or should be) inside the plastic bag with the accessories. There should be two of them. Please, please, please do not attempt to over-tighten that fitting to the water intake to eliminate the leak without a washer. The nipple will break off inside as it is fairly soft brass. I speak from experience
by pizzaman383
3 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 31
Views: 1397

Is Heat Exchanger Temperature Stability Really That Bad?

It is the constraints/requirements like cost, size, materials, physical group configurations, startup time, voltage/current availability, pace making shots, etc. and how those interact with each other and the inherent multi-faceted complexity of the espresso-making process that make it challenging. There are truly temperature stable machines even given that different people have different opinions...
Advertisement
by nemesiss45
5 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12
Views: 209

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Ok, yeah, that make sense... there is no air to compress on the brew side. Got it! Well, I was able to solder on a compression ring where old one cracked... it is not a proper cap, but it made a seal an it will work until I can order some proper caps. I had cleaned the expansion
by EddyQ
6 minutes ago
Replies: 20
Views: 221

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

Sticking would likely be a problem !!
by EddyQ
9 minutes ago

Very interesting. I currently lubed my seals with Super Lube which contains PTFE. I'm now curious when/where I will see this buildup? Are the greaseless seals simply Viton? Whatever seal material KvdW supplies for my machine, they only last 6month to maybe a year (even with no use). I would switch to these Viton seals
by jpender
19 minutes ago

As the seals are used they enlarge. The diameter (nominally about 50mm) increases by 2-3mm. At some point it becomes harder to lock in and leakage occurs. I don't know for a fact that the increase in diameter is the cause of the symptoms. I could slather a thick coat of Molykote 111 on a brand new seal just
by EddyQ
20 minutes ago

Stefano, I bought my Haynes Silicone grease from you and I have liked it much more than the sticky Dow 111. If I go back to using non-silicone seals, I likely will use Haynes. And I will continue using it on all my o-rings
by can08001
21 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 16
Views: 763

Revel Coffee - Colombia Washed Nitro Caturra

Im glad you were open to trying something different Sal! Its definitely an experience and one I was very pleasantly surprised with. As far as the brew method I've tried, I did both pour over and espresso but I actually enjoyed it a lot as an espresso, both alone and with milk. Alone it was an intense melon in
by stefano65
27 minutes ago

Back in the early 2000's when I went to Ohio to the then Saeco USA importing facility for the "official" training certification , the tech dept was using the Haynes, I was personally happy with the result and of course trasted the experience they already had and move to it from what ever other product I was using
by EddyQ
31 minutes ago

If silicone based grease is applied. I would say it should based on what I have read. How much? Donno. Is swelling causing you any problems? For me, I did not notice swelling. But the seals do seem to have softened up and stick far more to the mirror smooth surface of my group