Recent posts

by DigitalDoppio
16 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 229

Breville Dual Boiler - Hissing + Maintenance

Will do! Unfortunately, the system arrived with dents/scratches from where they took the top off. I've reached out to them, not sure what they are going to do about it. It sucks because I have very carefully taken care of that system - it is the centerpiece of my coffee bar
by jdrobison
34 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 4
Views: 58

Dallas/Ft. Worth area recommendations?

I haven't visited yet but have my eyes on both Merit and Smitten, in Highland Park area. Any recs for either?
Advertisement
by vebjorn96
43 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 84
Views: 10738

Option-O 98mm Mizen Burrs - User Experience

How do the 98/102 Mizen perform for medium roast on espresso? Personally I like modern light roasts but my wife likes medium roasts and milk based drinks. I'm on the search for my end game grinder. I thought I was decided on the EG-1 but after reading this thread it looks like the Mizen on Lagom 01
by erik82
1 hour ago
Replies: 2572
Views: 324366

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

And what was the burr issue? If these are 10micron thicker and not seasoned than your at the exact same setting as with the other burrs. Numbers on a grinder have no value when comparing these to others as you're dealing with manufacturing tolerances and seasoning. You only said you where grinding at 0.3 but not where chirp was as
by coldcoffee
1 hour ago
Replies: 2572
Views: 324366

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

Turned out to be a burr issue. Swapped out for new HUs and working very nicely. Pulling in shots at around 2.5 from chirp so have almost a 20 point range to dial in shots. That's what I was expecting
by blondica73
1 hour ago
Replies: 0
Views: 16

La Marzocco Linea Mini steam issues

I've had a Linea Mini for about 5 years and haven't had any major issues with it. However, yesterday morning I noticed that the steam is not as dry as it used to be and it spits out more water than before. My wife also noticed that when the steam boiler is louder when heating up. Any ideas what
by LittleCoffee
1 hour ago
Views: 17

E61 overpressure during backflushing

I have a well maintained Izzo Duetto IV which is 2 years old and has a flow control kit. I backflush 5x back to back once a week and the same but with detergent once every 3-4 months. Everything works fine - no pressure problems during brewing, excess tray dripping etc. V. happy with machine. I
by luvmy40
2 hours ago
Replies: 9
Views: 229

Breville Dual Boiler - Hissing + Maintenance

Order those o-rings and set a PM schedule to replace them at least every two years. I replace mine on an annual basis
by fabian
2 hours ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 9

Breville Barista Express - Machine stopped working after water leak

I'll appreciate your help! I just replaced today the stock OPV with the Vibiemme one according to this guide - {link} I messed something up and when I first connected the 4mm tube, I didn't pull out the metal thing, so it sprayed water when I first turned it on. I fixed it and when I connected the
by luvmy40
2 hours ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 4
Views: 155

Have owned a La Pavoni Professional for over a year... need decent grinder.

"[FS] Goat Story Arco Combo Electric & Hand Grinder" Here, in the Buy/Sell forum is the best of both worlds. A very capable and consistent hand grinder with an electric dock. Just a bit over your budget, but not by much. I've been using the ARCO hand grinder in my travel kit(I travel a lot!) since it came