Recent posts

by fmm
6 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 26
Views: 1392

Mazzer Philos Comments

Any thoughts on the alignment? For me a big selling point of this grinder is that it's supposed to come properly aligned from the factory so I won't have to fiddle and waste several hours to shim it like I did with the 078s
by joiglan
7 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 9
Views: 313

La Marzocco GS3 MP paddle adjustment/preinfusion

It would be great to know what it is, how it works and how it differs from the conical valve used now, as well as the motive for the switch to conical
Advertisement
by mathof
10 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 2
Views: 36

Espresso Cafe Suggestions for London?

The next bridge up-river from Tower Bridge is London Bridge, at the south end of which is Borough Market. This is an assemblage of fruit, cheese, bread etc stalls, of high quality, and is worth a visit on its own. Adjacent to the market (west side) is one of Monmouth Coffee's outlets. Monmouth was sourcing, roasting and serving high quality
by Jake_G
23 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 9
Views: 313

La Marzocco GS3 MP paddle adjustment/preinfusion

It's called the helix valve. What do you want to know?
by another_jim
25 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 3
Views: 95

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

My experience with the Lagom P01 with the 98mm Mizen burrs has been negative for slow to medium grind speeds. There is a change in grind adjustment, slower speeds requiring finer settings for the same dose and timing of espresso; but the taste is unchanged, at least given the five minute gap in tasting. Given the difficulty
by yakster
37 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6
Views: 205

Highest chance of success - roasters

When I upgraded from a Behmor to my Bullet, it took me about 50 or so roasts until I felt like I really had a handle on roasting on the Bullet. I was using other people's roast charts as guides to help my learning, but I was not using pre-programmed recopies to guide the roast, even to this day I
by yakster
41 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Views: 95

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

I've noticed on my Weber Key Mark i that slower grind speeds tend to enhance the clarity of espresso. I usually grind at the slow end of the range
by nemesiss45
45 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 80

What is this part... Fiorenzato Bricoletta

Well, looking at a wiring diagram I found, it looks like they had the correct wires attached to the solenoid... I was able to fill the boiler... but when the contactor kicks on to run the boiler, it trips my GFCI.... I tested what I knew how. Each of the L to T lanes in the contactor are actually open
by dpiette
48 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Views: 140

Londinium Vectis use cases

Thank you both
by rmongiovi
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 110

Looking for a Niche Zero rubber foot

Could you just buy a set of nice rubber feet and attach them with double-sided tape?