Views: 3167

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

by DaveC
1 minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 48

taking the last photo first, that looks like a hexagonal (so it won't rotate) rivnut that was put into the steel with too much force on a misadjusted air tool. I have used the air tool to fit them before and you have to be careful with a different adjustment for thickness of metal and size of rivnut. The Evo
Advertisement
by mgrayson
24 minutes ago
Replies: 10
Views: 327

ACS lever safety system

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. Retrofittable is nice
by mgrayson
27 minutes ago
Replies: 69
Views: 2410

ACS waiting times

I wrote more in the User Experience thread, but DO download the updated user manual from acs-espresso.it before unpacking. It will spare you a lot of guesswork
by Jake_G
28 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 20
Views: 905

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

I had the pleasure of fixing the aforementioned DF64 that was aligned at chirp, but not at all aligned elsewhere. The process to evaluate the adjustment collar was to remove the upper carrier and the bolt that holds the lower carrier. I then mounted a test indicator stud in place of the bolt (i have a few M8
by DaveC
28 minutes ago
Replies: 10
Views: 327

ACS lever safety system

One of the things to remember Matt and I do cover it in a video and in some discussions on my forum. The safety system because of the way it operates does allow 2 types of shots, one starting at a pressure of 9 bar and one starting at a pressure of around 10.5 bar. I have my 1 and
by mgrayson
33 minutes ago
Replies: 48

First, some advice: Download the manual from acs-espresso.it before unpacking and setting up. The included paper manual has insufficient instructions. The online version would have saved me some guesswork if I'd read it first. The only caveat there is that DaveC has posted above updated brew and group temperature settings that are different from the ones in the manual. His
by jeffreylam98
33 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 61

La Marzocco GS3 Pre-Heater Element Question

Thank you Mr. Jake G, you're very kind. I have been wanting to know this answer for sometime already, sadly no one could actually provide a solid number for me. Btw, 110v country uses a 1000w heating element, 220V(here in Hong Kong) uses a 1200w heating element This is because my Synchronika can hold 1.75bar up for 50 seconds
by Trjelenc
38 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3
Views: 84

Underdeveloped coffee

It's very hard to see the details of your graph. You can export the final roast profile as a .png file and upload it directly here for better clarity. The first caveat to all of this: how you determine the start of first crack will dramatically affect what the appropriate development is. The first stray pop of a bean