Recent Posts

by Nunas, 2 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 13 Views: 91

Profitec Pro 700 - Losing temperature, not heating back up

I have the same sort of valve in my Synchronika (my Sync looks a lot like your 700). However, I've never messed with it, so can't speak with any authority. I do know that it is a spring-loaded ball valve, which would suggest clockwise to tighten. But, what the heck, if you put a hash mark on it, there's no
by Coffeeshark, 2 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 1

Mahlkönig E80 GBW

Hi all, My Mahlkönig E80 GBW arrived today. Delivered by an official Mahlkönig dealer in Germany. With the 250g bean hopper as an accessory for a total of EUR 3,000 incl. VAT/sales tax and shipping (that's USD 2,670 before sales tax). First pictures can be found here: {link} To put this into perspective: I've been in the
by A-String, 5 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 5

Professional machine for outdoor event

I did not observe any setups there. The one group advice was coming from the barista I talked too. The event we are aiming for is approx 1000 attendants so we think that we can serve enough people within 2 hours with one group. Also we are no pros, so without the experience we doubt a second group
by Chert, 10 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

What setups have you observed at Burning man in Nevada? Surely a two group lever has been put in service there. It's heavy, but it's what I would want
by Nunas, 10 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 4 Views: 119

Freezing whole unopened bags of coffee?

I would vacuum pack, regardless of whether you decide to do whole bags or divide into portions. I would not bother if the coffee was sold in hermetic, purged bags. As for the so-called one way valves, I've run simple tests on a number of them. IMHO, they are not much better than a simple pinprick. Of the dozens I
by A-String, 13 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

Dear all, I spent quite some time with google and within this forum but still feel a bit lost so I hope you can help me with my query. While I do know how to run barista machines, I am far from being a pro, so apologies if any of the below statements do not make any sense.
by DaMaDo, 17 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 12 Views: 380

3-D printed portafilter holder for Weber Workshops Key grinder

I made a video showing the use of these 3D printed stands {video}
by Pressino, 18 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 13 Views: 91

Profitec Pro 700 - Losing temperature, not heating back up

I think that scale in the brew boiler/brew path could explain all the symptoms. If the mushroom looks scaled that would be a hint, but even if it's not badly scaled there could be sufficient gunk in the brew system to cause problems
by NickMayers, 20 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 91 Views: 4614

Hacking the DF64 exit chute

I know this is a little off-topic but I am really curious, how does a tilted base help the ode? The burrs are vertically mounted so already gravity assists the grounds to go out of the grounds chamber
by geraldcvm, 37 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 34 Views: 1775

Orphan Espresso leveling tool for Cafelat Robot

After my first try using it, I'm kind of disappointed with the raked result. I thought this would level/flatten the top mound of my puck after my wdt routine. But it "looks" like it got worse. Anyone here on same boat as I am? I'll give it another try but I'm not optimistic. This is probably for people