Recent posts

by another_jim
1 minute ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 21

Moving to a flat burr grinder from Sette: what's the best option available in EU right now?

Make a checklist for yourself. 1) are you dong sngle dosing or on demand grinding? 2) Are you using the grinder for espresso and low acid roasts only, or are you going with more acidic roasts and other kinds of brewing. The good news is that 64mm grinders are good for all these options; but you want to know
by EddyQ
5 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 19
Views: 492

Caffeine break

Thanks. Yes, it was pretty bad and scary for quite a while. The cardiologists gave up after 9 days of in the hospital and said it likely was a virus. They said it likely was not the Pfizer COVID vaccine that I last had 9 months earlier. IMO, the vaccine does have strong possibilities of being
Advertisement
by Mike-R
11 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 32
Views: 925

Latte Art Diagnosis

Your pour looks like you are gently sliding forward. This is too subtle. What you want is to push forward about 1 inch and immediately pull back in one fluid motion. Also, it helps to start from the middle of the cup, not the edge. Take a look at Emilee's video at 2:38 (embedded below, you
by JordanK
14 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 6
Views: 153

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

Interested in this as well. I'd love to hear folks weigh in on their experience with varying grind speed on the Kafatek MC6
by Jake_G
15 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 10
Views: 321

La Marzocco GS3 MP paddle adjustment/preinfusion

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many words is two videos worth?{video}Notice the who's YouTube channel this is {video}As for why the new design, wear on the O-rings as the ports in the blue Ryton shaft were slid up and down past them was a major contributing factor. The conical valve was designed to
by yufufi
41 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 21

Moving to a flat burr grinder from Sette: what's the best option available in EU right now?

Hi folks, I want to upgrade to a better grinder than my Sette 270. It served me well for about 6 years or so. I am mainly trying to explore but also aiming to get more consistency and less blandness from my shots I want to buy something that's reasonable priced in Europe and has good service also
by another_jim
44 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 156

Rio Lisa Junior

Yeah, but it has a nice touch of style with the rounded housing for the group
by baldheadracing
54 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 358
Views: 42736

Odyssey Argos owner experience

Someone could come up with a float shut-off for the supplied funnel, or 3d print a funnel with an integrated shut-off float. A small ball with a thread epoxied to it would work just fine. However, I haven't found it that much of a bother to look. On my vintage machines with problematic/unfixable sight glasses (a third of them)
by another_jim
56 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 27
Views: 1455

Mazzer Philos Comments

I'm not sure what grinder you are referring to as the 078s. My experience with 64mm grinders is that properly built ones do not need adjusting - how many people have had to shim Jollys or Lagoms? There are a lot of junky DFs, which need aligning or can turn out to be unalignable, but good grinders have an interlocked
by daggerNC
59 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 140
Views: 10779

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Got three coffees from West End Coffee Roasters:
  • Brazil Peaberry - Says Chocolate and Peach notes. I don't get any peach, but this was a pleasant coffee to drink - actually has a fruity sweetness with chocolate undertones. Honduras San Vicente - says sweet and less acidic and chocolate notes. Not a fan of this one - just