Recent Posts

by txxt, less than a minute ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 180 Views: 6518

Yemeni Coffees

As another testimonial to the Sanaa Ibb Highlands, I picked up 30 lbs to square myself away about 3 weeks ago and done three roasts with it. The texture and body is really where this bean shines at light-medium or medium roasts. Great flavor but a texture that I haven't gotten before, so creamy and smooth. Fantastic stuff.
by versusqc, 7 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 215 Views: 19965

Odyssey Espresso (OE-1 Lever prototype)

per their instagram, they ran into some problems with the circuit boards, so are waiting to get that fixed, but should be posting a long(er) shot video tomorrow, and a full list of prices for options later this week
by baldheadracing, 13 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 31 Views: 488

7 gram single shot?? Mission impossible!

I have that basket as well. My opinion is that it doesn't taste as good as the new LM that I linked to or the old LM-style that has been mentioned numerous times now. It is more likely to side-channel in my vibration pump machines than those two others - although when it does, the shot is still barely drinkable....
by genuflect82, 13 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 14 Views: 402

Espresso grinder needed under $1200 budget. Have options, please help!

Thank you for the info!
by Acangialosi, 18 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 80

Rocket R60V v3?

Thanks for expanding my options. I'll spend some time learning about those machines.
by pizzaman383, 20 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 276

Considering several lever espresso machines... help please

That seems to be a decent price but the amount of time and money you will need to spend on it after the purchase is unknown.
by Daniel_R, 32 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 186

Gevi 2-in-1 grinder & pourover

Hi, There's a FB group where Gevi is answering some questions: {link} Fabian is one of my favourite coffee youtubers. He has promised to do an espresso focused follow-up. The grinder and burrs are probably optimised for pour-over. It's a stepped grinder with 10 steps in the espresso range, so that might be a bit limiting. My drink of choice...
by DonFelipe, 32 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

Patrick, do you speak german? What about this? {link}
by Avolpe29, 47 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 0 Views: 5

Elektra Semi Automatica Coffee Dosage

Hi, I have the Elektra Semi Automatica espresso machine, standard 58mm portafilter with double basket. How much ground espresso do you recommend using in the double basket, I've heard anything from 14.5 up to 18 grams of coffee. Just thought I would ask the experts, thanks in advance for your help. Anthony
by patrickff, 48 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

(Sorry, in German) A restauration of a B3000AL: {link}