Recent Posts

by ZombiEE, 5 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7520 Views: 1204804

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Hi, Beautiful setup, how do you find The Duomo compared to usual WDT needles?
by cap2, 9 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 19 Views: 1517

Lance Hedrick on Grinders Under $300 [VIDEO]

I'd love to see someone compare his top pick Urbanic with a Eureka Mignon Filtro ($209 in the US) 50mm flat burrs and 260 watt motor. Grinds the same as the other sub-$500 Eureka Mignons, just missing the bells and whistles of the pricier 50mm Eurekas Mignons.
by DamianWarS, 13 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 2 Views: 27

Need help fixing espresso that I THINK is over extracted

bitter can be from too high of temp too and a bitter from over-extraction usually results in astringency which is that drying mouth sensation. There is a difference between over-extract bitter and temp bitter. if it's bitter with no astringency I would lower the temp. everyone calls their roast profile something different and light-medium to one may be dark to...
by Jeff, 19 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

I don't know how light your "light" is. Some roasters' "light" is my "medium". Mainstream coffee "medium" is my "dark". For what I call light roasts (like "drip" roasts), of good quality greens and roasted well, it's hard to over extract them. There isn't much, if any roast bitterness or other defects to pull out. The shots get thinner, but...
by Jeff, 29 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 61 Views: 4810

Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

"Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima"
by aonphleacs, 46 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 552 Views: 46272

Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype)

Good to know things are moving along. Those of us not attached to Discord appreciate the insider knowledge Although I would be ecstatic if he made the ship date... I have literally never backed a project that has not had a production delay (okay, okay. Maybe one digital book. But that's it!).
by heytchap, 47 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 61 Views: 4810

Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

I haven't been following the VAPE1 but have loose interest in one 1-2 years down the line when I drop my Pro 600. What issues does the VAPE have?
by MochaMike, Yesterday, 11:10 pm in Tips and Techniques

So I've been experimenting with espresso for the past two years. I don't know if I made that much progress, but I'm not giving up. I used to have a gaggia classic pro, but I tried adding a PID to it and I had complications. Anyway, I sold it and now I have a Lelit Anna 2 with the PID...
by thom8143, Yesterday, 11:04 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 193

Help! Lower Burr Carrier Bolt Removal on Rio Super Automatic (aka Mazzer Major)

I am almost desperate enough to try the Tabasco. I have the burr carrier wedged, but have not tried an extension (cheater bar) on an allen key. Agreed. I definitely don't want to damage the carrier. I feel fairly certain that the bolt is made to be removed in the normal way (turned counter-clockwise), but in all my research I...