Recent Posts

by brucelikeslatte, 6 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7 Views: 47

Brew pressure issues QM67

JRising, I'm accepting the fact I will now try and see the state of the expansion valve. I've removed the philips screw and would assume trying to remove / unscrew the large flathead internal part of it? Using a spanner around the outside of the valve unit I've tried with pretty good force to unscrew but to no avail. Am...
by Bluenoser, 14 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 274

Steam questions

Yeah.. that is drier than I've read from any of the other home machines. Sometimes if you go up in pressure, the flow is also greater which means there is more water added per second.. but you likely will be a few seconds shorter in steaming.. So there is some ideal spot there.. between pressure and # of steam tip...
by fzman, 14 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 4 Views: 309

Ratio Brewer vs Manual methods?

I've got a Ratio 8 and a 6, and use a Kalita wave for o=pour overs. I think there is no question that a painstakingly prepared, multi-stage pour over brew has a tatse that is quickly identifyable, and differs from other brewing methods. That said, it's also a bit of a PITA to do (or a relaxing zen experience -...
by WWWired, 21 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9 Views: 104

NS Oscar 1 - Diagnosing issue

It may be possible to understand these incredible and complex machines through understanding their functional/operational logic. A few questions if ok? (1) Steam: (a) How does your steam wand work? (b) Is there a lot of pressure like a bull snorting in Spain running the streets? (2) Group Head: (a) After you run a shot, is your grounds puck dry?...
by rg60614, 22 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 67

Easy way to remove La Marzocco Linea Mini water reservoir for cleaning? (revisit)

Nice - this looks like a really good idea!
by Ken5, 23 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 7 Views: 156

Unexplained extraction time changes

Changes in roast definitely, even if from the same roaster and same name of roast. Did you just switch bags when this happened? Time from roast is very important, but usually as the beans age it runs faster, not slower.
by cannonfodder, 31 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 1633 Views: 269541

Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

Paduk and Gabon ebony caps for Monolith grinders. {image}
by jgood, 36 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 17 Views: 3189

CAUTION!! Niche Zero owners

Although I don't have a Niche, I do have a Baratza Vario. It also has a lot of plastic, but they have kept the parts very available and inexpensive, as well as offering a "rebuild" service that is fairly priced ($80). In addition there are videos of most repairs. I've had mine three years plus and I think I've tightened...
by sweaner, 55 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 17 Views: 3189

CAUTION!! Niche Zero owners

Seems to work just fine for the vast majority of us... Just saying...
by tbonesays, 57 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 36 Views: 825

Arizona Meet-ups

Found a new one today. Buzzed Goat Coffee in Auhwatukhee (sp) off of Ranch Circle Rd. They make the coffee drinks carefully, especially for a place that serves alcohol. The barista is quite a character. Gabe opened this three years ago starting off as a food truck. He gets supplied by the Phoenix Roasting Co out of North Scottsdale. Please...