Recent posts

by Ben N
15 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 10
Views: 252

Rio Lisa Junior

The heat thing is on my radar, I have a couple of ideas on how to solve it. One is to insulate the group head and build a heat shield divider for it. The other is to pop a handful of holes in the cover plate directly above it, and fabricate a drip shield. That should keep the temp down
by tiji78
16 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 263
Views: 20340

La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini

this might be an issue with the firmware of the Mini R or the app messing with BR, I don't know. I own the Mini, not the R with only 1 scale. It works like a charm most of the time. I have another lunar scale, but I do not use it with the LM app and it is not
Advertisement
by mgrayson
17 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 45
Views: 1707

ACS waiting times

I was about a month earlier, but if the holdup has been resolved, I don't see a need for your machine to be delayed another month. But I really don't know
by baldheadracing
22 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 30

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

Is it turning effort or pushing-down effort? If it is the former, then I would suggest starting with a small strap wrench to see if/how that will address your issue, and then move towards a permanent solution
by ironically_a_goat
26 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 6

Gaggia Classic steam wand mod?

ive modded my machine with a lot of copper and plan to paint it matte black (its the brushed stainless atm) but the steam wand throws the whole color combo off and i saw that you can buy an elektra microcasa steam wand, which is copper, separately but i dont know if it can be modded onto a gaggia? thx
by jpender
28 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1
Views: 44

What's your view when you make espresso?

I don't get it. Do you brew in the dark? {image}
by Ben N
33 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Views: 28

Advice on downgrading Behmor 2000ab to Whirley Pop

Maybe try running a half pound in the Behmor and see if you like it better. If you run back to back it won't be a lot more time with the faster roast cycles
by Wile E Coyote
33 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1839
Views: 238559

Decent Espresso news

According to Decent: "I'm calling this idea "Bengle" (as in "Ben designs with Angles")"
by BaristaBoy E61
35 minutes ago
Views: 30

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

Posting an image of the cap will help others visualize a solution the would be helpful for you
by pschueller
37 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 5
Views: 61

Travel grinder

I'd be glad to hear any other recommendations. Are the Turin H40 or Timemore chestnut s3 worth considering?