Latte Art Diagnosis

My latest attempt. I know I'm still wiggling too fast. {link}
by jwCrema
10 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 5
Views: 481

Making the last Pharos [VIDEO]

I owned 626 and consider that match to be my first level of enlightenment in the espresso journey. I have their mounted hockey puck and still do "the slap shot" technique in shot preparation. I was listening to a friend talk about their process and told them to buy one of these things. I discovered it is
Advertisement
by pcdawson
12 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 9
Views: 778

Londinium Vectis use cases

Not in Quebec!
by Sal
15 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 21
Views: 522

Any alternative to Behmor?

While $400 AliExpress "Skywalker" seems very interesting. I just can't imagine this machine is going to last 15 years like my Behmor did. I was about to order the replacement motor from Behmor. But I also needed a new drum basket. One I have been using is now missing a few agitator wings and has holes. Also, I may need
by bnjmn
32 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 274
Views: 20675

La Marzocco Linea Mini R

This. Don't discount the power of the sun on even a black surface to a bayer sensor
by bettysnephew
52 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 26
Views: 884

What are they doing here?

Compensating for the Coriolis Effect, can't be too careful when dealing with coffee
by Mr Faineant
1 hour ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 0
Views: 20

Oscar Bilt Odor

Hello, I just bought a new espresso machine, and some Oscar Bilt pouches. Opening a pouch, it seems damp and smells musty. I rinsed it for some time, maybe 10 mins, and the smell persists, although muted. Putting it in the water tank of the machine made the steam have that same odor. Is this normal? I opened the
by mrgnomer
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 5
Views: 189

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Whatever works. Tampers are traditional. Different bases work for me for different tamps. Different handles feel better for me in my hand. Using a double basket I like flat base tampers. For a single 9g Bezzera basket a 58mm European curve convex works best with a 48mm (don't have a 41mm, yet) to tamp the
by jeffreylam98
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 6
Views: 153

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Speedster 1 group Slayer 1 group Strada 1 Group If no budget means no limitations, the above should work super well, they uses large wattage heating element and both boiler can heat simultaneously unlike the ECM synchronika which banned heating simultaneously
by Rickpatbrown
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2
Views: 118

Filtered coffee looks greasy oily

I can't see a picture. Are you using real Chemex filters? As in, are they super thick? How dark is your roast? My Chemex brews are pretty clean, but I can see a thin sheen if I hold it in the light just a certain way. {image}