Recent posts

by bobkat
5 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8
Views: 114

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

To the OP....have you checked out jar and bottle openers? I found some offered on Amazon that might solve your problem
by Beattle222
11 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 2

Help with installing PID on Faema Family

Hi all, I recently purchased a PID Control Retrofit KIT for Rancilio Silvia from Auber. This kit will work on my Faema Family but I'm having difficulty determining where to connect the Auber power supply (VIA SSR). I have been unable to locate a Faema Family wiring schematic. The Faema power button has 4 connections.
Advertisement
by EddyQ
14 minutes ago

This type pliers may work as well. {link}
by H2c4
15 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 58
Views: 2759

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

I would disagree with you when it comes to kafatek's customer service. One example, If you look at the recent post on the kafatek forum, Denis pretty much refunded the person right away who had trouble with their outlet. Denis pretty much stands by his product. From my personal experience he was fast to respond to my email and provided
by Pigeontree
23 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 51

Weber key issue

I can barely even see what you're talking about in either video, definitely not cause for concern. If you take a magnifying glass to ANYTHING, you will find "flaws". I just tested mine, didn't add beans so couldn't see if the ring raises at all when grinding, but when adjusting the grind size back and forth the feeder ring
by H2c4
24 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 15
Views: 396

Upgrading my Grinder Game

I might be preaching to the choir but kafatek max2 has been a pleasure to use for espressos. First time being able to taste all the flavor notes, only bad thing about the grinder is that you won't be able to use it 24/7. Build quality is second to none. Denis gives fast response with email and forums. Truly an
by baldheadracing
24 minutes ago

I was thinking that a strap wrench would let you determine how long a lever would be needed. I had a similar issue with the knob on my Elektra Micro Casa a Leva, and I was able to use a wrench. Eventually I replaced the sealing washer with a soft o-ring/washer that needs very little effort to seal. However
by rhtrevino
24 minutes ago
Views: 51

Weber key issue

That's an odd response by Weber. I *think* they think you're referring to the anodized ring that's part of the shaft assembly. I just checked my Mk2 that wasn't cleaned this morning and it does move ever so slightly. But I think that the hopper funnel and bean feeder are a single, connected, assembly so the hole will always move
by toadshade
31 minutes ago
Replies: 0
Views: 9

Rebuild Pressure gauge?

I have a hard to find gauge and wanted to know if it can be rebuilt. I know it might be expensive and time consuming but I just want to know if it can even be done. My pump pressure gauge is stuck at 7 bar. Is there a method for cleaning one? I know I can
by Nunas
35 minutes ago
Views: 31

Cam/lever frozen in place post-servicing

There's a high probability that you've interchanged the valves. Two of them look the same (but aren't), and there's a shorter one that's obviously different. The short one is the drain valve (bottom most). If you have the short valve where it belongs, then swap the other two and all should be right