Recent Posts

by IamOiman, less than a minute ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 117 Views: 4862

Restoration of a Faema Lambro

I think I cycled enough water through the boiler so I got ready for the inaugural shot. {image} {image} {image} {image} The shot looked a little squirty but it was GOOD, like shockingly good. I just used my grind setting for my Bosco with 15g of Saka Caffè Crema Bar.{video}{image}
by cgibsong002, 8 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 60

ECM Synchronika owners

Stopping in at Clive is what landed me here i was planning on getting a Bianca but it kind of looked and felt like a toy by comparison. Really happy i was lucky enough to get hands on with the machines. So I've got some rewards points and just looking for some feedback from owners on what upgrades, parts, or...
by harrisonpatm, 9 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 235

History of espresso grinders?

I agree, and what I mean is, after 50-100 years, they're gonna get moved around and dropped more so than a 10 year old grinder. Indeed, when I first started getting into coffee and modern equipment, I appreciated how the EK's design paid homage to the original electric coffee grinders. A great example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix...
by bonjing, 11 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 192 Views: 7945

Saka Caffè in the States

Looking for a little help pulling the Top Selection. I set up my sychronika to 198*, ground pretty fine. It was a slow pull at "normal flow" no preinfusion. 18g in a vst18 with 36 out 2:1 and the shot was rich, sweet with coco. Pull time was over 35sec. Second shot same thing just more bitter. But some sweetness...
by boren, 12 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 4 Views: 74

Euro or US curved tamper base to fix donut channeling?

I'm using 11.7 gram per shot, so it's a common single for E61 machines, not so much the traditional 7 gram standard. By donut channeling I mean either ring shaped channeling, or more commonly, small holes on the very edge of the basket.
by mikelipino, 21 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 26 Views: 1128

New 100g $89 "Popper" roaster at Sweet Maria's [VIDEO]

Tom, thanks for the heads up on the charge size for different beans. I went with the recommendation from SM to run the fan without heat first to see agitation on the Guatemalans, and that's why I started with 75 g as the bean mass was not moving well. Funny thing is that once I started the heat the beans...
by bonjing, 21 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 108 Views: 9537

The Matrix Shower Screen

From your video it seems that the londinium and matrix have almost the same style stream. Do you notice any difference between the two? I'm guessing that the londinium is the same screen as the ims 35u and close to the ephq61?
by bonjing, 29 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 60

ECM Synchronika owners

Synchronika with flow control owner checking in! All I did was add the bottomless angled portafilter, e&b screen with cafelat 8.5 silicon gasket.
by DentalBeans, Today, 10:55 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 41

End Game Set Up - Any Crypto Friendly Payment Options?

Hello, My wife doesn't approve of most of my expensive habits but cryptocurrency is a bit like play money for me so I'm able to spend that readily. Are there any retailers or smaller manufacturers that you know of that allow for payment via crypto? Looking at end game setups (decent espresso machine, weber grinders, kafatek monolith, etc). I'd need...
by cafeIKE, Today, 10:41 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 4 Views: 74

Euro or US curved tamper base to fix donut channeling?

I like this for singles or doubles. It's double ended and no longer available at Espresso Care. {image} You need a lot of coffee to use a 58mm tamper in a single basket, more like a short double that an actual single. What do you mean by 'donut channeling'? If you get a ring around the edge which quickly fills...