Recent posts

by another_jim
4 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 2
Views: 28

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Hope you're enjoying yourself. I go with 15 grams (2:1 ratio) out unless the roast is very light. I'm less worried about shot time than making sure the stream is really transparent by the time I get to 15 grams -- I want maximal extraction
by stiantor
31 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 11
Views: 2166

First Upgrade: Breville Dual Boiler, Lelit Elizabeth, Profitec Pro 300 or Lelit Mara X (Europe)?

Hi. Im in the exact same situation as you - wanting to upgrade my Barista Pro to a dual boiler machine. I have been looking at Elizabeth and BDB. Really like the look of Elizabeth over the BDB, but the price is almost 20%higher here. Did you make a choice? What did you go for?
Advertisement
by docpotterywood
42 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 29
Views: 2294

Turin DF83 V2 Drifting Zero

@ Jeff - See OP. This thread is about drifting zero point on DF83. My post is a short term solution to this. Interestingly even Mythos commercial grinder has this issue. {link} A painful read but insightful --- {link}
by HB
50 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 231
Views: 23625

Green Coffee Exchange

If you're sending a message, please don't clutter this thread with an announcement "I've sent a message to you." Thanks
by malling
52 minutes ago

never mind
by malling
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 22
Views: 712

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

None of other things in your hotel room goes into your digestive tract unless you have poor hand hygiene, the problem I think your missing is that there heat resistance bacteria and spores, there some that can handle 120 degrees C bacteria that are found in peoples under garments. Electric kettles aren't made to sterilise meaning you can get potential
by francesco_ITA
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 23
Views: 850

Dull, flat flavour with V60 and 1Zpresso SP6

A quick update after putting into practice all the suggestions received. I brewed some Geisha beans, very light roasted (2/5 roast level), and other Ethiopian ones, also light roast. Water temperature 92 *C (197.6 F) soft water, grinding as fine as 3.4 to 3.6 on the SP, following Hoffman's 1 Cup V60 recipe. And indeed the results were
by TomC
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 2
Views: 28

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

this is a good read if you haven't seen it already. "What's the best single basket."
by wendallsan
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 14
Views: 366

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

Thanks! I'll absolutely pick up some fresh beans as you suggest for future efforts, this is encouraging!
by Jeff
1 hour ago

Maybe I missed something. Why are you intentionally heating up your grinder? Not only isn't it a commercial duty machine, but heating up burrs is known to be a problem