Recent Posts

by Astralmind, less than a minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 12 Views: 251

Help Eureka Mignon Specialita issues

You bring up an interesting point so.. I'm derailing my own topic but is there a correlation between PI time and grind size then ? I was always under the impression that long PI and fine ground was the way to go for lighter roasts ? I'm going 25 seconds PI and maintaining a pressure of roughly 7.5 bar at...
by Grant, 1 minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 68

Puck screen experience?

My opinion is that the benefit is proportional to how "aggressive" your machine water flow is etc to some degree. My Elektra A3 is a water flow monster, and the BPlus tamed it nicely and very noticeably. The water flow through the puck is slowed greatly with the screen in and the puck is in a far better cohesive condition...
by dsc106, 10 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 0

No brew boiler OPV inside my ECM Synchronika?

Is this a model variation thing? In pics and videos I see of the ECM Synchronika, there is a T shaped OPV on the valve tree near the brew boiler. It has a silver round, flat head slit on the top of the T shaped piece where you can set the OPV amount. I'm not looking to adjust it but...
by seoras, 19 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 20 Views: 338

Suspect rotary pump needs replacing. Check valve chattering.

So I finally got a replacement pump and fitted it a couple of days ago. Isn't shipping a nightmare just now? I'll be getting another pump in the post today, according to tracking, which I'll need to sell on EBay. Ended up ordering 2 as it wasn't certain I'd ever see the first one. Fitted the pump and tested but...
by El_hondero, 19 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 15 Views: 465

Shot diagnosis - patchy naked portafilter - images inside

I have the same issue with ims nanotech baskets
by RJB83, 27 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 24 Views: 1228

Good grinder to pair with La Marzocco Linea Mini?

I went with a Mazzer Major V to pair with the LMLM. Definitely overkill for home use but it's the same grinder my favorite shop uses, so I'm looking to recreate that cup or even improve upon it. Still pending delivery of both so no feedback regarding real world usage yet.
by Jeff, 32 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 68

Puck screen experience?

I use a BPlus with every shot and have for several months now. It definitely helps with cleanliness. I don't think it hurts the flavor, nor can I honestly say it improves it. I haven't noticed any dramatic difference in flow rate or EY. I now tamp and slide it in place with the "two thumb" trick that brewzologist (I...
by LObin, 34 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 34 Views: 1646

Spring Lever accidents

If that's your only worry, go ahead and do it. It's like burning yourself on a super hot E61 group... You only do it once. Then you learn. That's my case. For others, it simply never happens.
by Capuchin Monk, 35 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 113

Height of Ceado's Taller Grinders for Cabinets

E37S or E37J will fit under 18" counter headroom. So will other Ceado single dose grinders.
by SeekingGodShots2, 38 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 209

La Pavoni Shot Inconsistencies

Thanks. Just sprayed a nice shot against the monitor.