Recent posts

by RobAnybody
12 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 92

La Peppina drip tray needed

You could contact the people at coffee-sensor {link} if they could consider making one. Since these drip tray grids often go missing there might be a market for them
by LineaMurphy
13 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 6

PSA: Eureka Atom W 65/75 now showing pre-order on Voltage Coffee

I know a few folks have talked about waiting on this grinder or comparing to other similar GBW offerings recently released
Advertisement
by Mr Faineant
15 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Domobar Jr Hx Temps

Hello, I've just received my shiny new VBM Domobar Jr Hx Digital. Lovely machine, visually. Pulled a few shots to get it basically dialed in, so far so good. I wonder, though, how to think about the brew temperature setting. Is this calibrated to the boiler or the group, does anyone know? Is if I set it to
by Prati
19 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 29
Views: 260

La Marzocco GS/3 no pressure brew boiler

So! I have adjusted a little bit and now I have 12 bars max and then it fluctuates when warming/stops warming. Maybe this is just normal and how it works from a physics perspective I guess it makes sense
by oiselet
22 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 9

Cam/lever frozen in place post-servicing

Hey! Thanks for jumping in. That's the bizarre thing - even when I put the old valves and cam back in, it's still stuck. I do realize that I did not do a good job of managing which were the original springs and which were the replacements, but those are the same length, so I don't think it's that
by Jeff
31 minutes ago

Did you replace the valves? If so, did you confirm that the replacements were the same length?
by seanyg
38 minutes ago
Views: 49

Breville Dual Boiler rattle and loss of brew pressure

Sounds like the pump, but after 4 years it will certainly need an oring change too
by oiselet
50 minutes ago

Greetings! I have successfully performed maintenance on my E61 grouphead once before. I have a rocket appartamento. The machine is five years old, so I decided to get a generic set of replacement parts from blue-star-coffee for the E61, and set about replacing the old parts on my grouphead. I ran into problems when I went to put
by drgary
53 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 17
Views: 458

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

You asked about coffee roasters in Olympia, WA. Olympia Coffee Roasting was excellent last time I checked. Dancing Goats should be good and used to be called Batdorf and Bronson. If you find yourself driving from Olympia to Portland, I'm on the way and can demonstrate a proper pull on a vintage La Pavoni, which is very similar to my
by Jeff
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 4
Views: 234

Extracamundo! Temperature adjustments?

Extractamundo Dos was developed using "high extraction" burrs. While it does a good job with more traditional burrs, the the stock DF-series burrs, Niche Zero, or things like Mazzer or 64 HUs, you'll likely have to target a longer ratio. With high-flow shots, going too fine changes the flow dynamic and the resulting shot in ways different than traditional shots