Recent posts

by pumpkinscastle
less than a minute ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 57
Views: 2700

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

I was able to work out my alignment issues via video call with Weber. Also, my grinder had a defective rocker switch (apparently, some EG-1s are affected) that would sporadically not turn the grinder on when actuated. They offered to have the grinder shipped to Colorado to put in the new switch. I opted to do the repair myself as
by bmikeee
2 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 48
Views: 1740

ACS waiting times

Any tips would be appreciated. I am about to place my order on a Leva 2 today
Advertisement
by primacoffee
9 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 0
Views: 5

Specialty Coffee Expo 2024 Show Highlights

This year's SCA Expo was one for the books! The atmosphere was spirited, pulsating with an energy that we haven't felt in years. There was so much to see and do, and now you can be a part of the action, too! Check out our show highlights, plus tons of in-depth interviews with manufacturers like Mx. Cool, Mazzer, Odyssey
by RapidCoffee
11 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1841
Views: 238614

Decent Espresso news

The Atomax Skale is not manufactured (nor sold) by Decent, but it has the longest/strongest bluetooth support for the DE1 app. The Decent website currently offers the Simple Scale (no BT) and the Decent Scale (BT). Perhaps Sofronio's device will allow Decent to market a new BT scale in a reasonable time frame
by Jeff
14 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 10
Views: 462

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

Wipe only tests at chirp. If, for example, the collar threads are not coaxial then rotating the collar will change if the burrs are parallel or not. This is not hypothetical. One grinder I'm aware of was measured at something like 150 um off at 1/2 turn from chirp. It was "well aligned" at chirp, but unable to grind suitably
by mgrayson
32 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 48
Views: 1740

ACS waiting times

Thank you. I am no stranger to DHL shipments of this size and know the drill well. But that is good advice worth sharing for anyone looking forward to receiving an EVO or Vostok. Checking tracking frequently can get you ahead of the game. You can often wander through an online maze and pay the import duty before even hearing
by OWB
41 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 32

BES870XL Pressure problem when machine is HOT

Thank You. I do regular cleaning with the machine with the tablets and I run a full descale whereby I add the descale powder into the water reservoir pass this water through the machine, when the water fully passes through I often do this a 2nd time. I'm confident scaling isn't an issue.
by mwb5007
48 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 1
Views: 287

[FS] Comandante Travel Set Up

Price Adjustment
by ira
50 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3
Views: 46

Advice on downgrading Behmor 2000ab to Whirley Pop

I don't recall how the later Behmors work, but I would suggest trying to set the heat to 75%, I think that's possible and adjust the batch size to get the roast you want. I'd suggest starting around 350-400 grams. My Behmor was very special and I used heat a bit under 70% with a 300 gram batch and that
by Ben N
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11
Views: 268

Rio Lisa Junior

Also, any pointers on steaming?