Recent posts

by SutterMill
11 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 138
Views: 10712

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Kingdom Coffee Roasters is selling a Kenya Narok Mara thats very berry forward. I'm not getting blueberry exactly, but the burrs on my sette tend to muddle fruit forward flavors. I'd love to try these with a higher clarity burr. So far its one of the more berry forward coffee's I've had lately
by Jonk
14 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 23
Views: 1237

Mazzer Philos Comments

Pure wattage at least is supposed to be higher in the Philos (400W) than Super Jolly (350W). I've been using SSP burrs in a 250W Mazzer Mini E for years without a single stall (both hopper fed and single dosing). I know there have been a few reports of issues, but perhaps it has been a case of a silent
Advertisement
by aamefford
15 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Views: 583

Water, no scale? no corrosion? For reservoir espresso machines

^^^ good to know, thanks. Distilled is $1.48 at Raley's. I'll have to check Whole Foods
by TheEphemeralTao
18 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 357
Views: 42635

Odyssey Argos owner experience

Keep in mind that Ross has stated in their January 10th blog post that they're working on a plumbing option for the Argos, and appear to have already prepped it for that option, going by Lance Hedrick's review. Being the klutz I am, first thing I'm doing is getting a chunk of butcher block (or something similar) to mount it
by coffeeOnTheBrain
25 minutes ago

Mazzer Philos Comments

Thank you Jim This is the answer I was hoping for regarding the Mazzer burrs
by gabeholloway
31 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 44
Views: 2152

Fellow Aiden anyone?

Excellent. Good to know. It seems you've brought the same energy and efforts to this that you did the Ode 2. I was a late majority adopter with that. I'm gladly confident to be an early adopted for the Aiden
by another_jim
34 minutes ago

Mazzer Philos Comments

The Philos is delivered with the brand new 200 burrr, and can be used with the 189 burr used in the Mini E and Drogheria. The designers say the 200 burr requires the augur and vertical orientation, and would not work well in a Jolly or other standard 64mm grinder. The Philos motor is not as powerful as
by another_jim
48 minutes ago

Mazzer Philos Comments

Our review units came from the factory. The first pair were betas, the second, the retail version. Neither Dan nor I are in the loop about how or when they will be retailed
by Resdo
59 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 7
Views: 257

Yoshan DY-1 tipping

{image} I tried that too and nothing helps drum speed 68 air damper open 40%
by another_jim
59 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 357
Views: 42635

Odyssey Argos owner experience

1) Unless you want to plumb, or have a tank and auxiliary motor, you have to power down, depressurize, take off the cap, and manually refill. That is the nature of this genre of minimalist machine. It compares to the Cremina or Elektra levers. 2) How is a sight glass better than a low level LED? You do get