Recent posts

by Jeff
3 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 10
Views: 458

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

Wipe only tests at chirp. If, for example, the collar threads are not coaxial then rotating the collar will change if the burrs are parallel or not. This is not hypothetical. One grinder I'm aware of was measured at something like 150 um off at 1/2 turn from chirp. It was "well aligned" at chirp, but unable to grind suitably
by mgrayson
21 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 47
Views: 1737

ACS waiting times

Thank you. I am no stranger to DHL shipments of this size and know the drill well. But that is good advice worth sharing for anyone looking forward to receiving an EVO or Vostok. Checking tracking frequently can get you ahead of the game. You can often wander through an online maze and pay the import duty before even hearing
Advertisement
by OWB
29 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 32

BES870XL Pressure problem when machine is HOT

Thank You. I do regular cleaning with the machine with the tablets and I run a full descale whereby I add the descale powder into the water reservoir pass this water through the machine, when the water fully passes through I often do this a 2nd time. I'm confident scaling isn't an issue.
by mwb5007
36 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 1
Views: 283

[FS] Comandante Travel Set Up

Price Adjustment
by ira
39 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3
Views: 43

Advice on downgrading Behmor 2000ab to Whirley Pop

I don't recall how the later Behmors work, but I would suggest trying to set the heat to 75%, I think that's possible and adjust the batch size to get the roast you want. I'd suggest starting around 350-400 grams. My Behmor was very special and I used heat a bit under 70% with a 300 gram batch and that
by Ben N
55 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11
Views: 264

Rio Lisa Junior

Also, any pointers on steaming?
by Jonk
59 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 6
Views: 78

Travel grinder

If ~15-20g capacity is enough for you, an 1zpresso Q2 is a great travel grinder. I'd go with that style of grinder if V60 is important to you (K6, that H40 and Lagom Mini have similar, slightly larger burrs). If espresso is more important, something like the J-Ultra or Kingrinder K4. If neither is more important, K2 and 1zpresso
by Junior
59 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 47
Views: 1737

ACS waiting times

I had a few snags with US customs when my machine came. Make sure to contact DHL immediately if any pause happens to keep the process moving along. My memory was customs took about a week, but probably could have been less if information was relayed faster
by JordanK
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 74

What's your view when you make espresso?

Maybe just eyes closed?
by cortes
1 hour ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1840
Views: 238604

Decent Espresso news

I did read that post previously. That was a comparison between the Lunar, the Skale, and the Half Decent. My question was regarding the difference between the Decent scale and the Half Decent scale. Is the Decent scale a variation of the Skale? No matter, I'll just wait until you add the Half Decent to your website and make the