Recent Posts

by PIXIllate, 30 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 10 Views: 143

Profitec Pro 700 PID temperature offset - how to change it?

Yeah, it's time consuming but it's a one time thing. Good luck
by j26263, 35 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 15

Synchronika Vs Lucca m58

I'm going to be upgrading from my modded gaggia classic in about two months. I love the look of the joysticks and I've narrowed it down to these two. I'm very interested to hear anyones opinions on either machine. On average I make 2-3 milk drinks a day, and I also like to experiment so I'll likely add the flow
by RegularJoe, 39 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 31

LaPavoni

I flipped the lever back over and what do you know. It works just like it is supposed to. Thanks for being observant!
by RegularJoe, 46 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

LaPavoni

Gah! Brilliant observation. I didn't notice the holes were not set in the center at all. I bet that is it. I just needed another set of eyes on it!
by drH, 51 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

LaPavoni

Total shot on the dark, but from the picture it looks like maybe the rotation of the lever fork might matter. Flip it around and perhaps it will sit a little lower (notice the placement of the pins)
by Peppersass, 51 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 2 Views: 79

Light Roast Beans for Espresso - Haven't discovered the joy...

Excellent suggestions. I'd add that light roasts often require more rest after roasting than darker roasts. It's not unusual for light roasts to need 10-14 days or more to outgas enough to extract properly. Some light roasts may defy all of the suggestions, or you may not like the dilution inherent in longer pulls. For those roasts
by Andrewp, 51 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 557 Views: 36248

Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima

Crikey I REALLY feel for you guys who have had issues and obviously it's not an isolated incident. I remember watching a vid James H had on them and with full transparency he stated he had an interest in them from memory. I was always told to never buy the first of a new product to market as there
by RegularJoe, Today, 10:18 pm in Lever Espresso Machines

LaPavoni

First off, I'm sorry if I use the wrong words for things. I'm pretty amateur when it comes to espresso. I recently replaced the gaskets in my pre-mil LaPavoni Europiccola. It had been quite a few years and it really needed it. After replacing the gaskets and reassembling it nut on the top of the machine no longer goes all
by jtferraro, Today, 10:09 pm in Grinders
Replies: 9 Views: 454

Baratza Single Dose Hopper - A Year On

I use the single dose hopper on my Vario and it works great! Since installing it, I haven't gone back to the stock hopper, as it's big enough to make a full pot/Chemex of coffee. As it's intended, I use the top cap to weigh the beans, then simply pour them into the installed base, maybe add a
by PIXIllate, Today, 10:06 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 23 Views: 463

Your lever shot average time

I'm generally doing a fast fill to 2 bar then holding or shutting off the flow until the basket fills in and I get 1-2g in the cup then up to full flow 8.5bar with a decline to ~6ish bar. The last two coffees have been very light (31-32 Roast Vision) and with my Monolith Flat SSW at