Recent Posts

by Nunas, 1 minute ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 127

Puck screens and Levers

When I first got mine, I tried holding them to the steam wand with tweezers before use. After a few goes, I tried them without heating. I never noticed any difference. Admittedly, my machine isn't a lever, but I don't see how that would make much difference. I wonder, however, if the bother of using puck screens is worth
by mtbizzle, 5 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 185 Views: 16984

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

When you say "at its finest". Are you going to the spot where burrs chirp, and going slightly coarser? Or are you going to "1" on the dial? I set my "1" (the zero on my dial) to burr chirp. So if I grind just coarser than this, it is almost to burr contact. That is where I get
by mtbizzle, 8 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 331 Views: 11113

New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

Thanks for the reply! Is there a way to disable Android app updates?
by malling, 9 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 502 Views: 37273

Flair 58

No experience with the Robot, but you can play allot with the Flair58 both in terms of temp profiles as well as pressure profile, so the outcome is really dependent on what you do and not at least what grinder you pair it with. All in all you can both get textured as well as clarity shot from it and
by GC7, 12 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 82

Ulka pump seems to mute during brewing

That expansion valve seat looks to me like it needs replacement regardless of your pump status. If you can't find a parts dealer in Denmark or nearby let me know. I believe I still have a couple from the old QM Anita that don't fit my new machine that uses a mushroom type seat. I'll look around, try to
by cuppajoe, 19 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 21 Views: 249

Riviera leaking past piston seals

{image} Here's the location of the piston in relation to the cylinder, pretty much as low as it goes. No adjustment, the rod is screwed tight against the piston. It does not appear that anyone has modified the cylinder. I am unaware of any screen being available other than OEM. The inlet port is 17mm above the end of
by chipman, 27 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 29 Views: 816

So frustrating to pick a grinder!

A few days worth of coffee beans in the small hopper will not get any more stale than if you stored them some other way. You may be over thinking this a bit
by Nunas, 31 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2 Views: 38

Quest M3 contact

I had similar woes when I bought my M6. I believe that Molly has some serious challenges comprehending and writing in English. I second Jim's assertion that she does come through in the end
by K7, 31 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 502 Views: 37273

Flair 58

Both are capable of making top-class espresso. Based on my experience with both, I think you should have no problem getting texture with either one. Coffee type, grind size, basket, dose, pull ratio, extraction time...they all play a part, I think. Some say grinder type (conical vs flat) is a big factor also. In the end, Flair 58 offers
by dpiette, 35 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 207

Cafelat Silicone Lever Gaskets - How Long Do They Last?

"Quickmill Achille Gaskets (3 years later)" I got about three years out of mine