Recent Posts

by DamianWarS, 20 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 142 Views: 11024

The Picopresso

I would agree with that, if it's not dripping from the sides then the seal is sufficient, but you don't need to go crazy for that to be accomplished. I screw it on until there is some resistance, then give it a quick hand torque and leave it at that
by MemPast, 48 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 10 Views: 222

La Frankenbali (La Cimbali Max w/ SSP MPs)

Thanks for posting the funnel pic. It does look tight for the beans to get in. Well done! Please, share your findings after you dial it in. If your SSP MP burrs are new, then you might need to season them first. If they are already seasoned, I think you should be able to dial it in soon
by TomC, Today, 1:03 am in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 2 Views: 89

SF Bay Area Cafe/Coffee

I have some VIP's coming thru SF next month and I'm game-planning on the best recommendations for SF cafes. I'm pouring thru that list (thanks Yak) and elsewhere. Our cafes in the SF area don't blow me away, but I reserve hope
by BaristaBoy E61, Today, 12:42 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 26

Quickmill Achille stopped heating

I would 1st suggest downloading the manual of your machine including an exploded parts diagram and wiring diagram so you could begin to understand how things are connected and supposed to work. With the machine unplugged, open it up and look for things such as connector plugs that might be loose, burnt or otherwise defective. Check any resettable (red)
by Almico, Yesterday, 11:50 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2 Views: 99

Airflow Experiment

It's nice to know where your "max heat transfer" point is...so you can ensure setting your airflow well below it. As long as the cigarette lighter trick indicates that enough air is moving through the roaster to evacuate smoke and chaff, you're fine. Bringing the air to the "max air transfer" level makes controlling a roast much harder.
by Acepresso, Yesterday, 11:29 pm in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 105

[FS] niche zero

Hello there, For Sale is a barley used Niche Zero (US version, 120V) in white, comes with instruction manual and all accessories. Bought new in late 2021.I used it twice just to see how it works,Selling this amazing grinder because I moved to a new grinder and there isn't enough room on the bench for both. Asking $650 buyer pays
by TomC, Yesterday, 11:08 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 4 Views: 187

Excellent Espresso - Hacea's Guat Coban

From ordered to delivered in less than 48 hours. Impressive!
by cmin, Yesterday, 9:36 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 818 Views: 84221

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Like above that looks like what the 007 o-ring would go in. Which is basically the whole machine minus the handful of blue I think 010 size like for the sensors. I did the brass swap, Vibiemme opv and brass ulka, I think I used a tiny bit of silicone as the tubes were a bitch getting back on, I
by ira, Yesterday, 8:49 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11 Views: 277

Software UI mods for Decent Espresso?

When noise is allowed, i.e., lots of customer service and beginner questions, the interesting people leave. Mitigating that requires work and moderation, something Decent seems not to believe in
by boren, Yesterday, 8:37 pm in Grinders
Replies: 5 Views: 1791

Eureka Mignon Turbo?

Can it take third party burrs (e.g. SSP)?