Recent Posts

by cafeIKE, less than a minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 15 Views: 316

Rocket Giotto Premium Plus - Very long time before water comes out of grouphead

!! DO A COMPLETE DESCALE BEFORE REBUILD !! Get parts for the Rocket from a Rocket dealer. Generics don't always fit get some 400°F silicone lube and also replace the cam lever and its gaskets. Lube the cam face and do it every couple of months. Springs are optional, but since only a few extra shekels, I do it at...
by EvanOz85, 7 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 100 Views: 8038

Green Coffee Exchange

Thanks for all your hard work, Dave! Excited to get this one in the roaster.
by JRising, 9 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 15 Views: 316

Rocket Giotto Premium Plus - Very long time before water comes out of grouphead

Replacing the valves should help that. The squeak is often from the valves being worn at a slight angle. New valves with a dab of molygrease on them shouldn't squeak at all.
by JRising, 19 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 78

Pump/shot timer restarted mid shot?

Sounds like you do have an electronic issue. If the pump gauge went to 10, then it wasn't just a boiler top-up. If a gauge is leaking, you should probably have the retailer repair it or set you up with somewhere that will repair it, before warranty ends.
by JRising, 25 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 30

What is startup process for Promac Club ME /Laranzato/Rancilio?

Turn on power and make sure you hear it fill and stop properly(Unless you already filled the boiler), then turn on the heater and wait for it to heat up.
by PeetsFan, 25 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7528 Views: 1206380

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

My espresso bar. I had no idea that I could have such a thing in my home until I stumbled onto this thread. I love it! Alas, I am moving, so it soon will be no more, but I'm keeping the equipment and I'll build an even better bar in a few months. The machine is a Bezzera Duo MN,...
by wachuko, 31 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 8 Views: 149

Eureka Mignon Silenzio vs Baratza Sette 270

I ended up ordering the Eureka Mignon Facile from Whole Latte Love. And also ordered the Single-Dose Hopper and Silicone Bellows from Rich (forum member "@rmanalan" ). "Eureka Mignon single-dosing funnel with built-in bellows... 3d print your own..." {link}. Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.
by HBfencing, 33 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7 Views: 109

Olympia Maximatic portafilter gasket leak

I installed with the beveled side up. Hopefully the ones from Orphan Espresso work
by Boldjava, Today, 9:19 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 100 Views: 8038

Green Coffee Exchange

I pick up the greens up in Fridley this morning. I will start the process of distributing. Hope to finish by Monday's last run to the airport post office. USPS site has been acting up all week as I entered your addresses into my database there. If it gives me fits over the weekend, I will post back here just...
by LObin, Today, 9:14 am in Grinders
Replies: 1127 Views: 104116

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

I totally agree with this last post from Brewzologist. It highlights my experience when comparing the Niche to the DF64 with stock and now SSP MP burrs. With the Mythos declumper and a 3D dial indicator, I'm not finding the workflow to be that much different. A few extra steps but nothing major. Once all the little gaps are filled...