Recent posts

by sovietchimp
3 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 0

ECM Synchronika Brew Switch Getting Stuck

Hello everyone, I've been having an issue recently where the brew switch (activated by the brew lever cam) is getting jammed in the on position. I'm not sure exactly whats going on as I've never been able to recreate it. However, when it does happen its pretty easy to undo, usually I just need to lift the
by jramey0406
5 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Views: 4

[FS] Gaggia Classic Evo Pro - Navy, white oak features

$399. Will ship. {image} {image} {image}
Advertisement
by MichaeSE
9 minutes ago
Views: 4

Sage Oracle Touch leak, maybe from hot water hose?

Hi I have an Sage Oracle Touch which has started leaking at the bottom left. After reading and watching videos, I thought it was o-rings from the boiler, but after opening up everything looks fine, except for this hose on the photo. It is sticky and wet on the outside, and I can't see any steam or anything coming
by roopaksuri
12 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 108
Views: 12801

Kees van der Westen Spiritello one-group lever

I'm actually considering between Leva X1 and Strada X1. Spiritello does not seem that much value for 60% extra price of Leva X1. Even when your budget is 10000$+, 60% more is a big ask. Leva X1 has been there for long time now and has excellent service from La Marzocco distributor in Taiwan
by mgrayson
14 minutes ago
Replies: 55
Views: 3257

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

Understood, and I figured out the latching mechanism on the first try. I'm not in the least concerned about the left side's tiny mark, but it does suggest that the machine got a good wack at some point. As I said above, PLEASE make any video, no matter how simple. More people (by an order or two of magnitude)
by mgrayson
19 minutes ago
Replies: 55
Views: 3257

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

YES! No video is too basic. And anyone watching who thinks it is gets to feel superior, so everyone is happy! (I was a math professor for a decade and believed that every time someone asked a question, ten other people had the same question but were afraid to admit it.)
by EddyQ
26 minutes ago
Replies: 9
Views: 137

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

A typical finding when researching greases for use with o-rings and seals: {link} There is an elastomer compatibility chart on page 7. It seems to me, a PFPE based grease is the best choice material for use on our espresso machines with silicone piston seals. Its operating temperatures far exceed our use, safe with silicone and
by AlexanderD
26 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 1
Views: 14

49mm portafilter with Versalab/Hedone?

Titus with 49mm CT2 and sworks adapter. Basically get him to make an adapter for the Cremina as well {image} {image}
by hankbates
32 minutes ago
Replies: 7
Views: 119

Help with Livia 90 Giemme R.L.3 SONDE repair

How bad is your reservoir? I have an extra one that seeps a little through some cracks and has a dribble through the working filter and valve. The cracks are visible and radiate from the mounting holes for the valve and electrical tab. Perhaps the cracks could be repaired with some sort of coating, but the reservoir does
by mrgnomer
38 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 8
Views: 159

Hopper fed grinder

I used a Ceado E37J for a couple years. The stock 64mm burrs ground a good extraction. Better than the Macap M4 it replaced. SSP HU burrs I tried out didn't work well with it. Didn't fit well and gummed up regularly. The slide grind adjustment was really stiff. I think it had to