Recent posts

by godlyone
less than a minute ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 14
Views: 695

Revel Coffee - Colombia Washed Nitro Caturra

How long did you guys let this one rest? Just got it yesterday and excited to try
by Capuchin Monk
2 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 54
Views: 2663

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

I get both of your points. As for EG-1 grinder, it would be in the comparable category of high-end planes like those private jets owned by... (you know who). I haven't heard about the problems like loose door on those jets. I guess they do a test run before shipping out each grinder... or not?
Advertisement
by bznelson91
3 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 29
Views: 875

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

Sounds like I need to just not pack underwear next time I travel, and use the space in my suitcase for a kettle instead. Brad
by jpender
17 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 29
Views: 875

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

That reminds me of a bushwalking trip I did in Tasmania. Lots of locals drink the water untreated as it's almost always safe to do so. There were water tanks at one camping area which were filled by rainwater. They had coarse strainers to keep out detritus but mosquito larvae were in this particular tank. I treated the water with
by BaristaBoy E61
19 minutes ago
Replies: 54
Views: 2663

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

This is all most unfortunate. I would defer judgement till much later. This is a small boutique manufacture, they should be given the benefit of the doubt, the time and space to figure out the solution to their problem. It's in all our best interest that small operations such as this survive and thrive, whether we choose to buy
by hankbates
31 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 18
Views: 313

Pasquini Livia 90 high brew pressure and valve leaking

I am usually running below 1bar when brewing because I am steaming milk at the same time. Unless I stop for some reason the pressurestat doesn't come into play. Perhaps unusual, but works for me
by bmikeee
39 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 43
Views: 1678

ACS waiting times

How long have y'all been waiting?
by jramey0406
46 minutes ago
Replies: 9
Views: 434

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

While I have not performed more advanced methods yet, I do have good understanding of them. My career is in precision manufacturing and inspection, where we measure in microns. Simply wiping off marker only tells you (if you rotate the burr a full rotation) that, at least 1 part of the burr (maybe a high spot) it is
by rindfest
52 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 172

Brasilia Century triggering the circuit breaker once power goes on

Hello Attached are the sell/spec sheet from "rosito bisani" for the cappuccino del, which seems to be what you have. {image} {image} Looks like they were $1600 about 20yrs ago (thats my writing) Found this thread googling/troubleshooting what appears to be a failed cubic ricerca xp61 touchpad/controller, with my cappuccino del. Prob a