Recent posts

by toadshade
1 minute ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Rebuild Pressure gauge?

I have a hard to find gauge and wanted to know if it can be rebuilt. I know it might be expensive and time consuming but I just want to know if it can even be done. My pump pressure gauge is stuck at 7 bar. Is there a method for cleaning one? I know I can
by Nunas
5 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 25

Cam/lever frozen in place post-servicing

There's a high probability that you've interchanged the valves. Two of them look the same (but aren't), and there's a shorter one that's obviously different. The short one is the drain valve (bottom most). If you have the short valve where it belongs, then swap the other two and all should be right
Advertisement
by BaristaBoy E61
5 minutes ago
Views: 25

Cam/lever frozen in place post-servicing

Can the cam lever assembly be assembled in the wrong position?
by Coffeewxplorer
11 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 2
Views: 24

Weber key issue

Thanks for the reply. Yes exactly the feeder ring. It moves ever so slightly when adjust the grind size back and forth but I haven't noticed it impacting the cup. I was just eager to hear if anyone else has experienced this issue. According to Weber it's due to coffee grounds being stuck there so I'm gonna clear the inner
by Mr Faineant
12 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 26

Domobar Jr Hx Temps

Ah, I should have been more clear, but this is my source of confusion. The machine has 5 settings: brew temp in C, brew temp in F, Steam temp in C, Steam temp in F, and steam pressure in Bars. Since steam and brew can be controlled (choose one, obviously) I assume that either they aren't measured at the
by sosha
16 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 5
Views: 90

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

That's what I thought . A request to Dave may be in the future. I can just mail him the extra boiler cap
by Jeff
20 minutes ago

If you wanted something more elegant than a 3D printed lever, Dave "cannonfodder" can probably help you out. Ross can probably help in either case with drawings or at least dimensions. I'd reach out to him in any event. You are probably not the only one who could benefit from the mod
by rhtrevino
24 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Views: 24

Weber key issue

I've not noticed the grind adjustment ring moving up and down, but I have the black color way. If you're not noticing a difference in the cup, I wouldn't be too alarmed as the spring-loaded bearings will keep the ring in place. Regarding the inner ring, are you talking about the bean feeder ring - the part with
by baldheadracing
24 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox

What are they doing here?

There is washing green coffee and also rehydrating green coffee, but my guess is that the pic above is steeping white coffee
by sosha
25 minutes ago

It's the turning of the knob. I'm no artist, but I was thinking something like this:{image} I think a strap wrench is a great idea to start with