Acaia Lunar not designed for use with E61 espresso machines?!?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Tonefish

#1: Post by Tonefish »

Anyone using the Acaia Lunar with an E61 machine without H2O issues? It seems the Acaia Lunar has an extremely poor design for use with an E61 machine in that they put the USB port right where the E61 drain flush sprays, which makes me wonder if it is designed to be used with an E61 machine. Really surprising given the proliferation of the venerable E61 group head. What were they thinking?
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

Headala

#2: Post by Headala »

Get a microUSB rubber plug for a few cents on eBay. Worked great for me with a Rocket and an Izzo.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#3: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Jim, I put one of those rubber wrist bracelets around mind. Really helps for holding and grabbing it. Also covers the USB port. Let me know if you want me to post a pic. Mine was from a wine event so it reminds what to do in the evening. :D
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

mkrissel

#4: Post by mkrissel »

Have you tried rotating it 90 degrees?
★ Helpful

Kryptonicspb

#5: Post by Kryptonicspb replying to mkrissel »

Lol

RikC

#6: Post by RikC »

Design flaw? Just use the Lunar with the right equipment :mrgreen:

feyded

#7: Post by feyded »

I use my Lunar with my ECM Synchronika, yes the port is right there, but I don't really sweat it, no issues yet, and I clean it after every use. Like others mentioned get a rubber plug for it if you're bothered by it.

Tonefish (original poster)

#8: Post by Tonefish (original poster) »

mkrissel wrote:Have you tried rotating it 90 degrees?
Oh, so you mean the numbers are sideways instead. Then that would be the poor design. :roll: :lol:

Tonefish (original poster)

#9: Post by Tonefish (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Jim, I put one of those rubber wrist bracelets around mind. Really helps for holding and grabbing it. Also covers the USB port. Let me know if you want me to post a pic. Mine was from a wine event so it reminds what to do in the evening. :D
Headala wrote:Get a microUSB rubber plug for a few cents on eBay. Worked great for me with a Rocket and an Izzo.
Ordered. Thanks!

And still a poor design!

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#10: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Jim the bigger issue to me is that they have many users asking for a firmware update, and they don't seem interested. How hard can that be. I would not recommend it to anyone at this point.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart