Polishing chrome and repainting La Pavoni Europiccola base - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
forbeskm

#21: Post by forbeskm »

My powder coater, pristinepc.com in denver has done all my machines. He does a zinc coat on the steel underneath to prevent rust on my steel bases and an epoxy on the the aluminum bases. All are usually blasted or stripped by Pristine.

I prefer the powder coat as I suck at painting and prep and prefer someone else to do it. I have seen some nice painted bases out there and its a great way to go if you can do the prep and paint right. I know my limits.

I prefer hammer tone powder coat on the cleaned up rusty bases, helps cover up the damage from the rust. If its just in the drip, no one really sees that with the drip grate installed.

My favorite is the sea foam though the steel blue on the left is a close second.

Had an ugly one that had a pin hole , blasted up nicely.

How about pink!

Sky is the limit on colors. I cannot take pavoni brown.

Advertisement
Spencervs (original poster)

#22: Post by Spencervs (original poster) »

Excellent! Now I'm just thinking about the pitting. Do you think i can paint over gorilla weld epoxy resin ? I was thinking of using baking powder as a filler to then use on the pits and smooth it out. Would this stop paint drying though?

Also those colours are amazing! Beautiful. I really look forward to the pavoni working because its one of those machines that just looks so modern and timeless!

wsfarrell

#23: Post by wsfarrell »

The red one in the middle is great. Do you know the name of the color?

OldNuc

#24: Post by OldNuc »

Fully cured real Epoxy such as the slow cure JB Weld can be easily painted over if it is fully cured. Put it in the oven at 150F for 8 hours or so after it has had 24 hours at room temperature.
★ Helpful

forbeskm

#25: Post by forbeskm »

wsfarrell wrote:The red one in the middle is great. Do you know the name of the color?
I don't offhand but Lee at pristine should remeber. It was his most popular red. Pm me if you need.

#26: Post by Spencervs (original poster) »

Ok guys! It has been a while! apologies.

So I have the most lovely blue colour on it now and have been reassembling it all together but it seems the screw on element is leaking. New gasket put in of course, and I did take time to scrape all the old bits of gasket and de-limescale inside the groove, yet I seem to get a slight dripping and i don't think I can get it any tighter on the boiler! Would some plumbers tape help? Or have I messed it up?

Thanks guys, pics to follow soon (once I learn how to upload them).

On a side note, does anyone know where I can get a hold of a badge/sticker for the front? Preferably the red one...

#27: Post by Spencervs (original poster) »

Hi all! I have finished it! Thank you all so much for your advice and help! I have some photos here of my La Pavoni before and after: