Fiorenzato F4 E Nano observations - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Peter_SVK

#81: Post by Peter_SVK »

Looks very nice, Jim!

randyr5
Supporter ♡

#82: Post by randyr5 »

Since I got my F4 I've been using without the hopper and just grinding small amounts of beans in the chute. I was using a very cheap aluminum tamper that I had as a weight, but it really wasn't doing the job. I measured the inside of the chute and it is about 57.4mm, so I went on Amazon and bought an inexpensive ($19.50) stainless steel 57mm tamper. It is a perfect fit for the chute.
My brother is a retired machinist and he is going to make me a "chimney" about 2" or so tall to fit over the chute to extend it so it will hold enough beans for my morning shots. The hopper is just way too big for my needs. I will post pics once it's done. Here are a couple of pics of the tamper.

thecoffeefield

#83: Post by thecoffeefield »

I also ordered Peter's scale and really happy with how it turned out. Peter is awesome to work with and very flexible. I wanted a silver scale that would match my silver super jolly and Peter worked with me to get the color right. He also did an awesome job finding the perfect adjustment ring inner and outer diameter size. Here are some pics

For some reason the last picture is rotated by itself. It's not like that on my phone!

Sca

#84: Post by Sca »

Peter_SVK wrote:Bingo! Do you mean something like this? :D

<image>
<image>

This is a part of my actual F4E upgrade, however, modification of upper burr carrier is necessary, not only the threads.
Hi Peter
How many mm is the tread holes?

Peter_SVK

#85: Post by Peter_SVK »

Hi Soeren,
I'm not sure what do you mean. Depth of the holes? Hole diameter? Pitch circle diameter?

Sca

#86: Post by Sca »

Sorry hole diameter

Peter_SVK

#87: Post by Peter_SVK »

Threaded holes are M4 (for M4x8 screws), unthreaded blind holes are ca. 3.3mm.

crazy4espresso

#88: Post by crazy4espresso »

Installed the scale today on my F4. Brilliant instructions! This will give me the finer control of the grind I was looking for. Thanks Peter!!!!
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

Peter_SVK

#89: Post by Peter_SVK »

You are welcome.

redbone (original poster)

#90: Post by redbone (original poster) »

Hansung From SSP anounced that they got many requests for 58 mm burr set.

"Actually it will be avaliable very soon. I am posting it when we are ready."

If there is enough demand and if it makes financial sense we can do a group buy.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549