[SOLD] Kees van der Westen Speedster 120v (Canada)

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
chrisbodnarphoto

#1: Post by chrisbodnarphoto »

Up for sale is my brand-new, never used, Kees Speedster.

This machine was custom ordered with the 120v 20AMP option. From what I've been told, Kees is no longer doing 120V machines - main reason being is because they were for a specific market, he was running out of parts, and he didn't want to order a large batch of new ones.

Anyone doing a little digging on the Speedster 120v option here on the forums will see that the heat-up time is slightly longer but the performance in a home (and arguably light commercial) setting is as identical as can be when compared to the 220v. The only downside is the slightly longer warm-up time.

This machine arrived in Toronto in July or August of 2017 and was ordered through Morala Trading in Ottawa. I only took delivery of it in November as I was between houses. I took it out of the crate to fit it into my vehicle for transport, but I did keep the crate panel with the Kees logo that is cut nice and square. If the buyer wants it, they can have it.

This machine has never been plugged in and - as you can see - still has the cables plastic-wrapped as was shipped by Kees.

It comes with all of the original accessories - bottomless and double-spouted PF's, shot glasses, tamper, 18g + 20g baskets, barista kit, cleaning kit, etc, most never even removed from their bubble wrap. Nothing has been used with the exception of the 18g basket, which is currently living in my Rocket R58, but it will be cleaned and included. The only thing required of you to run it is to have the plug wired, but I believe I even have the plug I ordered off Amazon laying around somewhere.

I will also include a brand-new and unused FloJet.

Reason for selling :: I now travel extensively for work, and my personal life situation has changed. I don't want this machine to be used twice a week or less. It's meant to be used, loved, enjoyed.

Price :: $11,500 (was $12,000) CDN in cash. This machine retails for at least $12,500 CDN (I believe the price may have went up), and that doesn't include the 13% HST I paid in Ontario on top of that. The Flojet is another $180+ CDN new, and I'm including it.

Please note that I will not ship the machine to the US - you must come to pick it up, as I require payment in cash for tax purposes.

Trades :: I would consider taking trade of a lever machine in excellent condition towards the price, with balance paid in cash. Specifically - Londinium, Profitic Pro 800, or similar. I would also consider an LMLM + cash.

I currently split my time between Bloomfield in Prince Edward County and Toronto - I'm happy to meet at either location.

If there are any questions please don't be afraid to ask!