Cafelat Robot manual espresso maker - Page 8

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
TreCime

#71: Post by TreCime »

Glad to hear it's been a productive start to the new year. Here's to making the coffee world better in 2018!

kjarsheim

#72: Post by kjarsheim »

Stumbled onto this topic and honestly a bit excited. Will be very interested in this wee darling. Thank you Paul for what looks like a beautiful update.

Advertisement
thomasben

#73: Post by thomasben »

Thanks for the update, will
Be first in line to buy one of these.

Madman13

#74: Post by Madman13 »

Cafelatstore wrote:The first stainless parts are now in. To recap I decided to change the piston, the portafilter and the spouts to stainless steel from aluminium. The good news now is that we should be aluminium free with regards water contact. My job now is to trim down the weight of the steel parts and make sure water contact is at a minimum to negate any perceived heat-loss. So far no difference in performance has been detected
Personally I feel that stainless steel is a much better choice of materials than aluminum. According to engineering toolbox (https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ther ... d_429.html) aluminum has a heat conductivity of 215 w/m k compared to 17 w/m k for stainless steel at 125 c. Aluminum is a MUCH better conducter of heat and would theoretically conduct the heat out of the hot water in the portafilter much faster. This stainless steel portafilter should do a better job keeping the water hot enough for espresso.

z4r9

#75: Post by z4r9 »

I registered with the forum just to express my interest in the Robot. Hope it makes it to market soon, and is available to ship to the UK!

TomC
Team HB

#76: Post by TomC »

Joe Lin got to play with it.

Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

IMAWriter

#77: Post by IMAWriter »

Lucky bugger, Joe! :lol:
Paul, will you have a separate price for a separate PF assy should folks want a second PF heating up to facilitate faster turnaround?

In an earlier posting you lamented your displeasure at (paraphrasing) "bringing to bear" a product still in development.(through no fault of your own)
No worries, mate. There is no way you could have anticipated the workflow of 3rd party manufacturers. The fact that you've kept a running dialogue regarding progress is good enough, I'm sure for everyone.

That said, I'll be the eleventy-seventh person to ask...Is there a chance you'd be in production by Spring...say mid April? Also,any idea as to price point for both versions?
Apologies for my intrusive questioning! :oops:

Advertisement
Stanic

#78: Post by Stanic »

glad to see this is moving forward!

Javier

#79: Post by Javier »

IMAWriter wrote:I'll be the eleventy-seventh person to ask...Is there a chance you'd be in production by Spring...say mid April? Also,any idea as to price point for both versions?
+ 100 !!
LMWDP #115

RyanP

#80: Post by RyanP »

TomC wrote:Joe Lin got to play with it.

<image>
It's looking sharp in the green.