Any Front range Colorado locals here

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
plumbfire01

#1: Post by plumbfire01 »

I'm in CoS and wonder if any other HBers are local and or in Denver area. I frequent Denver to ride bikes and drink coffee :)

karl_a_hall

#2: Post by karl_a_hall »

Yup, I'm here in COS too. I frequent many of the great coffee establishments here and in Denver too (and ride bikes). I wonder if we know each other IRL?

plumbfire01 (original poster)

#3: Post by plumbfire01 (original poster) »

Not sure Karl.. I am at loyal a good bit and their roastery more then the cafe. Ill be at the cafe in the am around 0630.. should be a very very special roast on espresso :)

masoncw

#4: Post by masoncw »

New to this forum and fairly new to Denver myself. Besides corvus and huckleberry, where are some other roasters I should check out?

cnworld

#5: Post by cnworld »

I live in Golden and have been here for 13 years. You should definitely try Sweet Bloom in Lakewood and Kaladi Brothers Coffee by DU. Those are my two favorites.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#6: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Up in Evergreen. Have heard Sweet Bloom is great but haven't been. You can skip any retail place up in Evergreen for coffee. If you want to support someone local grab some coffee from

https://bivouac.coffee/

Check out their website.

All the best to all on the Front Range.

Michael
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

robertD

#7: Post by robertD »

+1 for Kaladi. Also, I have had good luck with some of Coda Coffee's beans. They have many which are organic, which is my preference. And if you are in the south Denver area, 303 Coffee sells Coda's at $14.00 a pond; less than from the roaster.

Shuka

#8: Post by Shuka »

Hi!
I'm in Boulder. Here, I highly recommend Boxcar Coffee Roasters. I've had excellent espresso in house, and like their Stella blend a lot.
Enjoy!
Shuka
Good morning, Sunshine!

plumbfire01 (original poster)

#9: Post by plumbfire01 (original poster) »

Yet to try boxcar or SB.. hoping to get there this week though. Loyal Coffee and Switchback in COS are in the US roasting championship (only 12 teams made it). Pretty cool local crews putting in great stuff.

Czar0001

#10: Post by Czar0001 »

I agree, Boxcar in Boulder is excellent. Try a straight espresso from their gorgeous La Marzocco, served ever so elegantly with a companion 2 oz shot glass of Sodastream bubbly. Most refreshing. I like their Stella espresso roast beans too, best at home done French Press, not very forgiving as espresso.
FWIW, a couple years ago I was sitting at the counter at Boxcar Boulder enjoying a "cowboy coffee" when a well dressed "mature" couple walked in. The woman asked, "What do you have that is like Starbucks?"
Vaj's wife, (the owner) politely replied, "Ma'm, we have nothing here that is like Starbucks."
Gotta love that.

Also in Boulder, (very surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet), don't miss trying OZO Coffee. Four locations. The Pearl Street shop is fun, classic funky Boulder. Clientele is rolling mix of students, retread hippies and serious business types.
Ozo was just voted best coffee house in Boulder for the sixth year in a row. They have national chops, too--Ozo was named one of the best 25 coffee roasters in America a year ago, they have the only Colorado lab and training center accredited by SCAA, and their co-owner was on the cover of Barista Magazine 8 months ago.
Give them a try, and just give them a pass for insisting on making an Americano by putting the water in first.